Quest exp based upon players level.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by addrox, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. addrox

addrox Avatar

Unsure if this is a thing already but the higher level a player gets the less likely players will do a quest due to quest exp vs exp hunting higher level areas.

Quest exp should be balanced to a players level so if u do a quest at level 1 or 100 the exp % will be the same.

Discuss (Hally hit) ... OooOoooOoOo

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

so you are saying if I wait until I am a higher level I will get more exp for doing a quest I could do at a lower level?o_O

Sorry but that is a bad balance. :oops:Do the quests early as they are designed:( to not give player incentive ;)to wait and waltz thru them to get more exp since they are higher levels:p.

If you are going to say there is no incentive to do a quest that is easy when you are higher level, sorry but:rolleyes:

Verit likes this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Therefor the enemies should be stronger - depending on the Avatars Adv. lvl, too :)

4. Verit

Verit Avatar

This would be a solution but I feel that it would also take away from the scenes "identity".
    All scenes would simply become opportunities for grinding xp indefinitely.

5. addrox

addrox Avatar

It would be the same %

So if the quest is let's say .04% of your level at 1 should be the same at level 100 ... .04% ...

Has nothing to do about waltzing ... More about quests get more polish story gets hashed out better as the game progresses.

Feel free to make the mobs % difficulty increase as well.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Scaling as asked for for encounters and such is a whole other issue and MUCH more complex.

Scaling GtG - % for quests nope. Sorry those are my thoughts on it.

7. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Scaling XP/difficulty goes against the very core concepts of this game, including diminishing returns as you get higher and higher, and also the ability for low level avatars to group with higher level avatars and still make a meaningful contribution.

Quest XP is a great way to level particularly for new avatars, and grinders don't need another avenue for min-maxing.

Verit and Weins201 like this.
  8. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

normally it would work that the like outskirts quests give x xp, when you're doing teir 5 zones stuff for quests you get nn xp, its scaled by level expected to do it, not your actual level

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I don't think the level scaling is a good idea, at higher levels you'd get a ridiculous amount of exp from quests.
    Rather, I think its sensible that the quest xp reward be relative to the time the quest takes and the effort.
    Some of the quests take considerable time for, well, a pretty crappy reward. This is why nobody bothers with them unless there's another reason: ie, the story/lore aspect, or a unique reward.
    The recent surge in quest activity seems to be more because of the ability to gain unique deco items / gear from it. Aside from that, most of them seem beneficial for low level avatars only.

For questing, rather than grinding, to become viable, you'd need some sort of repeatable task-for-reward system. Doing one of the story quests may take 6-8 hours of running around and the exp reward is worth less than 1 hour of casual killing in a 5skull zone. You don't do it for the xp, you do it for the lore/story and/or the item reward.

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I get the point of the OP - it would be great if quest XP scaled with adventurer level. But I disagree with the premise otherwise. I've been more deliberately inclined to grind adventurer levels early to revisit quest story lines later so that I can experience the story less fettered by difficulty level. I'm not sure I should be rewarded for that. And I'm not sure I care. Because the reason is that I'm more interested in the quest stories, than the XP they deliver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.