Quest guides by Town

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Cage Storm, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cage Storm

Cage Storm Avatar

How about creating a series of Quest Guide books, purchasable from Towncriers which show all the quests available to a player in the local area around the town ? The book would need to give some lore on the quest, who to get the quest from, where the quest giver is and how difficult the quest is to the purchaser.

As a nice addition the book could have space to indicate whether the book owner has completed each quest.

craftymethod, Nog and Synergy Blaize like this.
  2. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

How would this work for quests where you have to have a conversation with someone to engage on a particular topic and thus trigger a request for assistance? In other words quests where you don't know there's a quest until you have a conversation with someone... or indeed where you pick up something hidden or dropped and open it, read it or examine it and then get a quest.

I've got a few quests (currently one to go to an elven mine Ive never heard of (so that should be fun) and gather clothing and this quest was via a conversation and the npc wasn't sparkling.

Maybe it's a bug and all towns with quests and npc's with quests should sparkle, but right now it seems we have to talk to at least some people to get them to open up on something they need.

Olthadir and Synergy Blaize like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

This would more be a perfect opportunity for someone to do in game and sell on Vendors actually.

You will need to be good and accurate, and build up a name for your self.

blacksheepboy likes this.
  4. blacksheepboy

blacksheepboy Avatar

I am stealing this idea.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.