Quest instances

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Aldo, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I keep seeing a small outpost consisting of four buildings and some hay? on the overworld in hidden vale (near Kingsport). I do not know what they are for because there is no town banner and no entry gump. So I got to thinking what if such outposts were quest related? In other words there would be no entry gump unless it was a destination called for in your active quest. No one could get in there who was not questing. The idea could be teased to include destinations on the overworld that perhaps could be small scenes totally quest releated and therefore be thoroughly and exclusively set up with story elements. Such a scheme would completely avoid the problem with player housing. All quest lines could incorporate many of these small scenes in addition to NPC city scenes pretty much satisfying everyone.

2. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

That is basically what is going to happen with the starter scenes, the refugee camp is easy to pull out of Soltown into the battlecamps. But that cannot be done with the rest of the story, the story in Adoris is pretty much in the town.

But for side quests to fill in the gaps between the main story, making map encounters of 'save the burning town' will give it much more of an ESO feel. Just going into an instance to wack a mole is too grindy, add a dynamic story to give people a reason to go in there.

3. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

So what is the group of 4 buildings just northwest of Kingsport? There is no label and no way to enter.

4. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Might be an abandoned POT. Devs forgot to take the marker down when someone moved their pot. Again just might be deco like all those spots with the tree stumps around and nothing else near them. Might be a marker spot for future scene.

Aldo likes this.
  5. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

I don't know that it has a purpose. It has been there for 2 years that I know of.

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.