Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Quest reset and Love quest: Feedback (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Apr 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I reset my quests in R52 and expected my journal to start over in a correct fashion.
    Negatives are in red
    Positives are in green
    • The first thing I did after the reset was visit Arabella in Aerie. She told me to go to Blood River but her conversation was bugged and ended abruptly, so I talked with her again and she told me to go to Solace Bridge. Her conversation was bugged and ended abruptly, so I talked with her again and she told me to go to Highvale. I know you'll say that this is by design, but it is a very poor design in my opinion. If I had been a new player I would have been completely confused.
    • I chose to embark on the Path of Love. Solace Bridge Outskirts was a very nice scene, but the quest to get the ghost memories was bugged and I couldn't complete it. My journal entry says I have the third set of memories but I don't. Bug report submitted.
    • I got to the point where I had to go to hire a Spirit Talker and go to the Necropolis. I wanted to hire Samael but against my wishes I ended up with Kardan, because I didn't figure out what to say to Samael to make him actually go with me. My fault probably, but I haven't the patience to try to second-guess the dialogue makers to figure out what to say.
    • Kardan met me at the Necropolis and I got the quest to visit Midras. Kardan immediately refused to accompany me. This left me wondering if Samael would have. I couldn't know but it made me regret my choice of spirit-talker even more.
    • On the map I saw a path straight ahead leading to Midras. I know that Midras is a PVP zone and didn't want to go there alone. I decided to examine the other path that led to a large room first. There I found several doors that I couldn't pass. I wanted to explore them further or go back and ask Thanatos about them. At that moment the doorbell rang and I had to quit the game. When I logged back on, my progress was stuck. I found myself inside the entrance of the Necropolis next to Kardan. The exit was barred. Kardan would no longer accompany me through the Necropolis, and I had no summoning object in my inventory. A guildmate told me to try to fire him, but I couldn't. So I was stuck in the situation that I couldn't go back to Thanatos or Nix to ask about the room. I still had to get to the Crypt of the Avatar but didn't want to navigate the entire Necropolis by myself. Or go to the PVP zone Midras alone. So a guildmate told me to log out and log in on the overworld. We walked to The Midras Ruins on the overworld map, entered Midras and he showed me where the entrance to the Crypt was. I still wonder about the room with the barred doors. It makes me think I missed out on something important.
    • From there everything went smoothly, though it was weird to meet Kardan there at the Crypt only for him to refuse to go on with me. I got the quest to go to Spite, and did the side quest to get the report for Eris. The reward was a meagre 1600 XP! An avatar at the level needed to complete the quest gets more than that killing a single bear in the woods! And this week we get double XP - I can't believe that this quest would normally gain me only 800 XP. At least the scenes were interesting and worth seeing.
    For the time being, I have lost the will to go to Spite to continue the quest. The experience so far was sub-optimal. The main problems are:

1. The Journal is confusing and buggy.
    2. The dialogue system. It is too easy to miss a keyword that you need to progress.
    3. Logging out in the middle of a quest can put you in a bad quest state so that you cannot pick up and continue after logging on again.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16322
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6061
    SotA.Win.64.760.Date.04.04.18

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

Great to see people posting comments on the storyline/quests! Good work Kara!

The only thing I will say is about this:
    If this is something that only happens for those who reset their quests, then it won't be a long-term feature and it's ok if it's a little clunky.

For now, I'm wondering how new players who get a path at the Isle of Storms start the 2 other quest lines. If they have to do it this way too, by talking to Arabella, the way they are triggered here should be improved.

Kara Brae and Weins201 like this.
  3. Floors

Floors Avatar

Damn man. I didn't have as many problems as you, but I did have some. I agree about the journal. I find it's actually super important, because it explains things in a way that's actually clearer at times that the dialogue, but at the moment it is showing some things I've already done and not other things and it needs to be organized better, it needs to be more like it is in Skyrim and Dragon Age 3 where main quest storylines are separated from side quests and tracked differently,

I also ran into some issues with Love at the end near Malice although so far it's probably my favorite of the main quests so far. I thought Truth was the worst, although I did find Artifice interesting and I noticed I missed something because the Oracle told me so, which reminded me of the way things worked with Hawkmoon back in Ultima, having to visit him to see what I was doing or not doing correctly.

Kara Brae and Vyrin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.