Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Quest system buggy

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by Almar, Mar 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almar

Almar Avatar

I've mostly steered away from questing as I want to enjoy them as they are intended, not in development. However I ended up trying the Ardoris/Love chain and quite frankly it's broken.

After speaking with Captain Cugel (and let's not go into how long it took to find him!) the text box said I recorded the next step in my journal. Except my journal doesn't have any info about this quest chain anymore.

This is not the first time this has happened, the journal just doesn't record progress and you eventually give up. I think the same happened with the guy in the prison pit in Owl's Head clink.

The journal needs a big piece of work. I hope quests get reset so I don't miss out on the storylines.

Guess I'm going back to not questing again. :(

2. Gix

Gix Avatar

Yeah most quests are pretty broken both in the systems behind it and also at how they convey dialogue/hints/information.

I sure as hell hope Richard Garriott isn't the only dev play-testing through them...

3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I follow a Questline in the beginning and it send me to Necropolis.
    This is 8 month ago , I still cannot survive in t5 scenes solo!
    @Devs I play along and level by the way, if questing ask me to grind for hundreds of hours I can grant you that many people will be not have fun and won't recommend the game to their friends.

4. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

These quests should have been bug-free before the free trial! @Lord British

Cordelayne and Almar like this.
  5. Almar

Almar Avatar

Ha!

We need to talk about it so they can improve the system.

Feedback n' stuff.

Fister Magee and Cordelayne like this.
  6. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Finding the next person to talk to is often my biggest difficulty. There is often little indication of where they might be found. And some towns are way too large to go hunting down individuals. Especially with all of the player housing all over the place! I wish there were more instanced neighborhoods for player housing and they could shove all of the housing out of NPC town propers. Or at least make the town proper very clearly distinct and right next to the Entrance. But I am probably in the minority there. Anyone wanting to run a vendor probably loves being able to place themselves between the door and where people actually want to go.

Miganarchine, Gix and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Gix

Gix Avatar

Actually, what the game failed to convey is that you CAN do the Necropolis at an early level, but you have to follow a very specific-yet-obscure path in order to come out of it alive. You will facepalm the moment you see the solution... because it's REALLY obvious once you know...

Yep. This is exactly the kind of thing I was talking about.

8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Gix i heard about some rumors about Necropolis.
    Well its a long time ago, when i was there and because i cannot do t5 scenes i didnt revisit it, but also bc i decide to do the quests, when they are really polished.

What Lum wrote yesterday was very nice and he gave that hint a second time. There was already a comment about quests and phasing etc...

I explored North Drachvald Spur yesterday.
    This need to be improved and filled with a Quest, maybe a daily and we need more of these scenes, it's great.

9. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Did that all of last year! Still broken in many places, I understand. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.