Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Quest Task List, Quest Journal, Blue Quest Sparklies, Knowledge Journal

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by Elgarion, Jul 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I've noticed of late I'm reporting bugs about quests not being in the quest journal, the quest journal AND Quest Task List window, or even a mish-mash of whether it's triggering a sparkly or not, but have always been remiss in ever look at my Knowledge Journal.

To me, this Knowledge Journal should be FYI, extra stuff. Additional background. I wouldn't think that a Knowledge Journal Item should have ANY interaction with the Quest Task List, Quest Journal and definitely not the blue sparklies. It's extra info... If its a quest, its a quest. If its simply extra knowledge for the Knowledge Journal, it should be just that.

It seems various quests incorrectly progress as knowledge items only even on the main storyline, then bounce back into the Quest Journal when you use that knowledge to progress the quest. This is very odd, confusing and I think things could be greatly streamlined by keeping quests quests, and keeping extra knowledge just that, background info. By not doing this, I'm constantly getting disconnected with my quest progression path since Knowledge Journal items do not appear in the task list.

Just a thought. Sorry for the rambling thoughts.

2. Gix

Gix Avatar

I'd be amazing if keywords in the quest journal could also send you to the knowledge journal. TES3:Morrowind style.

Elgarion and Cordelayne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.