Question about focus cost increase with level

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by VZ_, Jun 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

Is there a chart anywhere that shows what the focus cost is for active skills at different levels (like 80 vs 100)?

is it worth keeping a skill lower to reduce focus cost?

it seems focus cost goes up with level but i'm unsure.

I mainly use swords.

thanks

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

some skills grow in cost (but so does your pool)

In general i found that it is not worth keeping skills low beside exeptions (buffs not growing in strength but duration can be worth NOT levelling) otherwise level them, just check, like moon magic resist grows not in damage reduction but duration so as soon you reach an level (and duration ) you are comfortable with you stop levelling it.

DD spells and so on though are in general worth to keep on paar with your level

So check the tool tip how it changes 20 levels up and decide from that

3. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

I'll disagree in regards to increasing time. To generate damage and the like; efficiency of resources is a key factor. Generally we look at damage per hit (spike), damage over time, and how fast you regen your resources.

Efficiency however has another time composite which is how often you have to cast certain abilities. Which is the overtime ones. Incluse of buffs. If I only have to spend 40 mana every 20 minutes, vs. ever 10; the spell is more efficient for use. Soothing Rain, Elysium Illumination, for instance is very useful for focus management to have a longer cast time; as it allows you to regenerate more focus then your cost output over specific time T. Which allows you to use more abilities over the same time frame. In addition, this allows you to offload your buffs onto your non-combat bar; and not have to worry about needing to re-apply it during combat.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.