Question about House Rent.

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Aos_Si, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aos_Si

Aos_Si Avatar

I don't remember if this question has been answered already: Will the house rent be in real money or ingame money?

2. Andrew Vawter

Andrew Vawter Avatar

Oddly enough I recall something like that question being asked and being glossed over. I don't recall if they answered that though.

The answer was something like "things that sit on the persistent server will have a cost associated". I'm thinking it'll be real money but I could be wrong.

3. Strongsquirrel1

Strongsquirrel1 Avatar

In game money if i'm not mistaken, would like to see apartments and bars rent to stay at.

4. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

Dang, never thought of it being real money, but that does make a lot of sense since the game will be free to play last I remember hearing, probably with an item shop, LB talked in one video to Iolo about selling some RL crossbows too. That also makes sense why they're so pricey rent free, really it's just pay in advance then.... It'll probably be clarified once the Kickstart is done so can't back-out of house pledges.

5. Andrew Vawter

Andrew Vawter Avatar

Well a housing video is supposedly coming this weekend hopefully it'll get covered.

6. Aos_Si

Aos_Si Avatar

Question was answered: house rent will be paid with ingame money.

7. Duke Ironman

Duke Ironman Avatar

They will have an option for real moneyntheyve implied but almost all will use ingame

8. Socrates

Socrates Avatar

Digging this up: what about how much will the rent be?

Understand that this is a difficult question to answer, or better yet, to make sense of any number thrown. It will always be relative to how easy it will be to make money from loot to reach that ammount.

However if one has to grind hour after hour in a week just to "pay the rent" and have almost no fun doing other things - well, I guess it would be "realistic" for most people. :)

This is actually one of the things making me not sure about getting a deed for a plot at the moment. The uncertainty of being able to afford, through in-game money, to pay the rent.

9. volto

volto Avatar

I wonder how big the maps are going to be, I would love to see some kind of "homesteading" feature where a craftsman can build a house in the forest to avoid rent/taxes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.