Question on PVP

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Nick, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

I have this idea of role playing for a quest, also sort of to help new players.

Say I put up a WANTED bounty flyer (for a villain PVP Player X) at various places. This flyer tells any new player that if he sees this player X, he should kill this player on sight. As a reward, the player will get a enchanted/masterworked item of his choice and some gold, by mailing/giving a body part as proof to the quest giver.

My question would be, if a new player attacked a PVP player, will he be flagged until he visits an oracle? Is there anyway to make it such that after the player is killed, the PVP flag is removed?

If not, can a player be set to auto accept duel without his knowledge? So I can have instructions to new players to start duel with player X and start attacking him without them flagged for PVP.

My apologies for asking something so basic. Any suggestions will be helpful too.

Nick Cold.

Cianna likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

very noble idea but if a new player attacks a even half arsed PvP player they are going to get their behinds handed to them.

Yes once they attack they become flagged until they go back to oracle to reflag protected.

secondly this gaem requires some thought and training before you can just attack an seasoned player, go for it if oyu wish but not a good idea.

If oyu want to "spar" with a player message them most will happily hand you your arse then work with you to teach you a few things.

Remember though some are out there to do one thing and that is hand you your arse over and over.

3. Nick

Nick Avatar

Hi Weins,

My idea is I will be playing the role of a villain with an alt starting level 10 character or lower, and just randomly log in and move about. Ready to be jumped on by players. New players out of outskirts should be more than ready to kick the villain's behind.

So I guess the idea of flagging PVP is out. Will auto duel work?

Purpose of this is to interact with new players, and better equip them via a quest. (completing the quest, maybe give them a +4 sword?)

Ouch.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

no as it would be abused on way or another.

You are setting up your own in game bounty system, use the message boards tell players to look for you and duel you - you will reward them for good fights.

again not a bad idea you just have to do it on your own, there is no way the "game" could make this work in any way it would not be abused.

I interact with players all the time and have no need to fight them to gauge weather the deserve a reward or a boost.

If you choose to do this so be it but oyu can just meet players go out with them, take them around, show them places and things they might need to know.

I am sorry but I do not believe PvP is the best way, but again that is all your choice.

Nick likes this.
  5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

At one time I wanted to do this using the friends mode. That would have minimized the griefing and allowed for more immersive to PvP. For some reason when I did this I could not see other flagged people in friends only. My idea was to start a self imposed level 40 cap league for pvp using friends mode.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  6. Nick

Nick Avatar

Thanks weins,
    Been there, done that. Just thinking of using another approach that might be more fun for me too. For a new player coming in, this might be a memorable experience. *shrug* But you are right. :) It isn't the best way.

What about using a Trial Player? It'll be a new low to target a Trial player whom you cannot loot. Can trial players duel or pvp? It has a level 50 cap. No extra $ needed to create.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I guess it would be worth a try!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.