Question: POT Lot placement?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by ConjurerDragon, Apr 5, 2023.

1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I have visited a lot of towns in the game and I wonder about the lot placement.

Are the lot placements given from the start and unchangable like the name of the town exits?

Or are the lots only limited by city size, but the governour can place them on the map however he likes?

FrostII likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The governor or stewards of a POT can move lots whenever they like as long as they're empty (not claimed). As long as a piece of land is large and flat enough, a lot can be placed there.

This ^

FrostII, Anpu and Beaumaris like this.
  3. Lained

Lained Avatar

With the exception of water keep and castle lots that are fixed in place.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's special rules for those. They don't take lot space until they're claimed, which actually kind of sucks.

5. Vesper

Vesper Avatar

Why?

Barugon and Lained like this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I tried to get them to change it so that claiming those lots didn't count against the total lot space....

7. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

That way a town with 500 row lots with a default house would look like a large city buy the pot governor only has to populate it with a few lots. That is why the devs won’t do it. The devs wants if you have a large city then you need to have that many to fill.

8. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings ConjurerDragon
    Maps for each template are available to see on the add-on store. This is the Template for the Tropical Island (Right). It shows the area of the POT not the available places you can place a lot. The second map shows the possible places a Governor can place a lot and the relative size of each lot. These are usually the flat areas of the POT. The Governor can then choose which lot size to put in an area until the POT's available space, determined by POT Size, is used up. Once the lot is placed it can be changed, moved to another area, or the lot can be removed to free up space. Here are the maps. I hope this helps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Would this be much effort for the governour, would it cost COTO´s like mentioned in moving an entire house to another POT?

Or would it be a reasonable question, say that I found a POT with a place that to me looks nice to place a house but that is simply flat wilderness without lot markers, to ask the governour to put a lot to that place
    (always assuming that there are still available lots that could be moved)?

10. Lained

Lained Avatar

Assuming the governor is open to welcoming new residents and has the lot area available (each POT tier Holdfast, Hamlet, Village etc has a limited amount regardless of the towns actual landmass) it's perfectly reasonable and only takes a few seconds to place a lot marker.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The general basics of any POT is each town "size" has a specific square footage to place Property Markers of various size within their town. These property markers at the "lots" you then can claim as a lot. Placing just 1 of these property markers starts to reduce our towns current available square footage, this then limits us on how many lots we can place in a POT. Row property markers use very little square footage, a castle uses A LOT of square footage. Also each POT biome has only specific areas where we CAN even place these property markers. But a map can be seen that shows "green areas" we can place property markers, by the governor at any time by clicking some option on any placed lot in town.

As a governor it's very easy for us to accommodate a spot where you would like a lot placed. But the exact spot might not be one of those locations where we can place a property marker. And also we may also be out or getting too low on available square footage to place more property markers.

12. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Also be sure to give the Governor specifics about what size lot, which direction to face the front, and to set you as restricted person to claim lot. Lots are not limited to North, South, East, and West. They can be rotated just like deco. I asked a governor to place me a lot on a mountain top which she was gracious to do but I wanted it to be facing the docks instead of the center of town. Now I can sit on my top floor with my telescope and and look at the ships and ocean.

Thank you @Isabel Ayin

13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

question 1 - yea you can move a taken house lot and house to another city if there is a spot open for cotos.

Question 2 - Short answer, yes. I have done this for many of my pot’s residents.

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Put the house/basement/dungeon in the property manager, unclaim the lot, go to the new town, claim your new lot, restore the house/basement/dungeon from the property manager and the game will ask for crowns to move your stuff.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  15. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Currently 100 crowns if I remember.

16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I think the cost is based on the lot size.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  17. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

Yes, the cost of unpacking your property in another city depends on the size of the lot. And keep in mind that you can't unpack your property in a different size, you can't even unpack a small lot inside a big one.

I fondly remember my time as a resident of Lightbringer Isle. Hemnu and Koimiko went to a lot of trouble with me to lay out a city-sized parcel facing the sea and surrounded it with castle walls for me. I thought that the parcels were predefined and could not be changed. I really appreciated what they did for me and it's nice to be able to do the same for my friends :)