Question re: Spite/Malice

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Celthon, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Can someone answer these questions without giving away any Spoilers please?

While out exploring I spoke to some NPC's in Spite, and got some information added to my Journal re: Malice, a disguise, Soulgem, etc. (Trying to not give-away any more info than necessary) Are these parts of one of the unfinished Quest-Lines? Also, is Malice a place where an Avatar needs to be of a higher level before attempting to visit/explore?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Acred like this.
  2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I haven't done it yet, but I thought you can play through the entirety of the Love and Courage main quest-lines right now.

Acred likes this.
  3. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

Thank you. I was not looking for Quests, or working on any of the Quest Lines when I had the conversations with the NPC's...I was exploring Towns and locations, and out of habit I speak to NPC's, and the information went into my Journal, so it may be part of a Quest that can be completed.

Side-note: Does speaking to an NPC who is mid-way through a Quest, without having spoken to NPC's from the earlier portions of the Quest Line, (as it seems I have accidently done), cause any problems later? Will this hinder me when I later discover the beginning of the Quest?

Aldo and Acred like this.
  4. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This is supposed to be part of the Path of Love quest. It's like the third part I believe.

For me, the problem with this quest is the difficulty. I am at like Adventure Level 50, and once inside since you don't immediately know what to do you run into a bunch of Hardened Skeletons and Liches. They all group on you (3-5 of them), making it impossible to continue.

Someone mentioned this somewhere before (and by no means am I advocating hand holding), but it might be useful (to thwart frustration) to maybe hint/nudge the Avatar with some quest text saying "You may not be strong enough to handle this".

Raxhelm likes this.
  5. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Did you realize you werent strong enough when a bunch of liches surrounded you? Just saying seems you figured it out just fine.

Fister Magee likes this.
  6. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I did, however, it was a real pain in the ass to get to that area of the world. I don't get much RL play time, so spending about 1 hour (seriously, I am up for a challenge, I tried 3 times before I packed it in). But I can be e-z going. Jo Schmo on the internet who has no patience is going to basically freak out, call it P2W shenanigans or some such, and the internet is going to blow up again. :)

You know, I will be honest upon reflection: I would probably still have gone if they told me in the Crypt of the Avatar, or if he would have told me in the tavern in Spite, or if he told me anywhere after :). It's just that not everyone is like that. And just having an NPC tell me "Hey! Don't go there, you will die!" at least makes it feel more immersive. ;)

Sator Faryn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.