Question(s) regarding player town creation

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Jhorus, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jhorus

Jhorus Avatar

I have some questions regarding player town creation. Myself and another person have bought a little Holdfast for our guild (and friends) and other than just trying to figure out who is going to live there, really don't know what else is involved.

1. I see people discussing creating island or swamp or this or that. Are you folks who are doing that making your own scene in Unity? Or you just mapping out something basic and then the SotA devs will take over?

2. Speaking of Devs, what process(es) are involved once it's been purchased? Do they send you a template or do they ask for some basic input, or what happens? :)

3. Do you just supply them with a list of X lots of type Y, P lots of type Q, etc? Same question for the NPC - do we just say "we'd like him to sell fish for sale" (or whatever)?

4. Finally, it's mentioned that you get a free add-on store house. Does this mean that you get credited a Druid house (for instance) if you wanted one? Is that placed right away in the town, or does that remain in the town-owner's inventory until he/she decides to place it on his/her own lot (or give away to someone)?

I've made a simple spreadsheet to help us figure out available space for our little clan. The spreadsheet is public readable (but not editable) in case someone wants to borrow the calculations (or even modify it for larger towns). It's only for keeping track of available square meters/lots (in case someone has a city lot, for instance) so you can quickly see just how much you have left while you fill in spots, or to maybe plan for renting out lots, etc.

We're very early in the process, so I'm just trying to get more information. Thanks. :)

mbomber likes this.
  2. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

From what I've been able to glean from our town (Port Phoenix) founder's (WrathPhoenix) experience:

1. The developers create the town, based on your input and various set limitations (no floating city in the clouds, or secret aquatic evil lair).

2. See #1.

3. Basically, yes.

4. I haven't quite found a proper explanation for this, so I'll let someone else do that for you.

I'll also get WrathPhoenix to chime in here, as he'll be able to words this better than I have currently.

Sir Jhorus likes this.
  3. Jhorus

Jhorus Avatar

Thank you for your input. :)

Jack Knyfe likes this.
  4. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Greetings,

Yes - effectively the answers above are correct. They will look for you to provide them with a town size, and a number of lots as well as a general theme. They will then have a design session with you later when the town is being crafted to pick which template of theirs most closley suits your request. Then youll get to make some design requests on lot placement and other things. The addon store houses you do indeed get with the purchase... the going presumption right now is that you just choose the houses you like, since theres not much more direction than that right now.

Jack Knyfe and Sir Jhorus like this.
  5. Jhorus

Jhorus Avatar

Thank you!

Jack Knyfe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.