questions about bows available in game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alioth, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

2 is already 100% more than for bows (and there it is an salvage pattern from elven bows)

counting not the teleton reward bows (for me they are display bows, given i would need two ethernal patterns, one everyday bow, one raid bow, buying up teleton bows for that is just too much gold)

Is not as if i ask for much, just one store bought bow pattern that is not looking like the standard .. plywood bow...

3. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

No, it isn't 100% more, there tons of bow models listed by users above. I see almost a dozen bow models.

4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

past teleton rewards, nothing you can call "avaiable"
    the only one you can kinda "have" is elve bow pattenrs from salvage

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You can't use it as decoration.

6. Xkillerz

Xkillerz Avatar

Why not put a pattern of that crossbow in the store a lot of people would pay for it missed chance ! Or an item to pull patterns off quest items?

Alioth, Barugon and Synergy Blaize like this.
  7. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Past telethon rewards is still a lot more than we have for warhammers and exactly how many models are availible for other weapon types? Bows aren't unique in this respect. Even swords have only a few models that meet your criteria for being available.

8. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Because it would eliminate the prestige of it being a unique in-game item if everyone could buy and copy it maybe?
    I like that there are some prestige items that require in-game effort and simply can't be purchased to display.
    Now making quest items displayable? Ok... but do not tarnish the luster of such items making them store purchasable gimmick props.
    [​IMG]

matsutaki likes this.
  9. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

No one talks about making the rewards items sold in the onlline shop.

But consider this.

The basic bowmodel looks like it is cut out of plywood AND FROM LEVEL 1 TO 89 i am supposed to have that plywood cut out bow??????

(Armor not much better, but that is another topic)

I do like to be someway stylish while goring monsters, and Sota does an poor job at stylish mass slaughter of innocent skeletons and bandits.

I mean, resonable avaiable two bow models, plywood and elvenbow pattern.

Leather armor is a little bit better with elf armor patterns, ok. at least SOMETHING.

But bows is very very meh.

Polearms has a few choices, plate and chain armor can look decent or even good, (the legparts are pretty.. strange but oh well)

But if you depend on leather and bows things are bleak.

Curious, we have the choice of i think 4 Quivers, but bows exactly two and one of them is plywood.

Serious...

We have a lot of gizmos for houses, but when was the last time you carried your house around with you?

Clothing and the bow is for me an part of it is important! It is status, i want to show of that i grinded long hours to get to the point where i can afford to put on clothing that is not only functional but has STYLE.

Why all that work if the only reward is some numbers that are higher but nothing to SHOW for it.

matsutaki and Synergy Blaize like this.
  10. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Did you even read the post I quoted? I think you may be addressing this to someone else or completely misunderstood the context and topic.

11. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Either way, I'm good. I can see your point entirely. Just want to be able to display the crossbow. Or set it down for that matter. At least it weighs 0.
    Quest stuff cluttering my inventory is getting out of control. : P

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  12. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Oh sorry wrong post indeed

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  13. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

And I see your point, think we are on the same page - it highlights the woefully inadequate level of sexiness when it comes to ranged. And something to hang and show once we can't repair it anymore.
    @Chris is Atos; the Titan of Sorrow (and tears) watches, I hope.
    I think he is making us ranged folk suffer because he has awesome stuff in store. We need to wait. Poisoning first shot on bows is an initial step towards rewarding us for patience.
    We are lower priority. We ranged folk "regardless of max/min combat" are lower priority. Majority population = melee weapons. I get it. That is why telethon stretch goals for bows are so high.
    We will get our comeuppance.
    I believe.... something special for the true ranged believers. It will come. I "seent" it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Xkillerz likes this.
  14. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

That is why I <3 you sibling.
    Hug time.
    [​IMG]

15. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Eh.... they tried to sell me that same line at sunday school... so i switch to melee and ditch bows, like with all online rpg they make lackluster archerclass, few people play it, so it becomes third or fourth priority, so fewer people play and and it becomes last priority, and finally is removed/left as is because "no one likes bows anyways, you see?".

matsutaki and Daigoji Gai like this.
  16. Alioth

Alioth Avatar

Bows are awesome and I agree, poisoning arrows will be a lot of fun. I am sure the variety will continue to grow as the game does.

Daigoji Gai likes this.
  17. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Unfortunately the Companion items are locked in inventory as quest items. So cant use them as deco yet. Maybe they will release them soon. Armor too I hope. I dont intend to use them/salvage them Just want them as deco

matsutaki and Daigoji Gai like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.