Questions about Lore and (to me) RP-relevant game mechanics

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Stundorn, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Hello everyone,

i am not native english speaking, so please forgive me the mistakes and try to answer in a simple form without
    slang and/ or unusual abbrevations beyond e.g. omg or wtf :D

I am roleplaying as the healer and seer of a PoT/ Valley.

I'm interested in Moonmagic and the Astrology of New Brittania.
    I already know about the History of Deadalus, the Obsidian Order and Cataklysm etc.
    I also now about the Portals.

Are they still working as they should?
    Is there more lore about it?

What is ist about the other heavanly bodies? Can someone tellme something about them,
    names, importance, particularities?

Acred and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. Vyrin

Vyrin Avatar

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

No. There are 8 "stones" and only 3 are working. The rest of the stones will come "alive" when we get into the Episodes 2-5 with new content and continents.
    Check out the benefactor symbol and you will see the reasoning behind that.
    [​IMG]
    Novia is the blob in the middle - Hidden Vale the small blob up and to the right.

Yes, but No, but really it is not ready.
    There is for instance some more info to be found in Vertas and if one talks to the elves.
    And a tiny tidbit that can be found in Desolis.

For instance Scottie (dev) this week said that he was tasked some jira tickets due to the heavenly logic and patterns being more worked on now. So it is very much still a work in progress.

Acred likes this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Thank you,
    so i will go for Vertas and Desolis, talk to the Elves and watch out for this tidbit ;)

i konw there are just 3 portals active and that there are plans for other continnents etc.
    Let's hope that Portalarium will implement some nicethings about Astrology and the Moonportalsetc.
    it's very fun to rloeplay around these things...

Acred and Olthadir like this.
  5. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

There is official SotA lore.. and there's the legally abandoned lore to which you will find numerous easter eggs throughout the game. Some choose to ignore it.. others adopt it as the unofficial official history. I am of course referring to Ultima lore that the SotA will never refer to directly and.. whether you accept it or not has little or no actual bearing on the existing world or RP. It's main significance is a further, deeper understanding.

For example: I would argue that you cannot truly understand the cataclysm, how it came about or some of the official legends without first having detailed knowledge of Ultima IX.

As for the moons.. you could go back to Ultima V but as far as official SotA lore, the current names are not revealed yet, nor any specific lore.

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.