Questions on decorating

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Ysold, Jun 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Hi guys,

I have my own home now and have been busy decorating. First: applause for the developers for the lovely items and decorating system! I was pleasantly surprised how easy it is to make a nice room.
    Two questions though:
    - I haven't been able to get the Flip-option to work. I tried to assign it to other keys, but that didn't help. Is it something yet to be implemented or am I doing something wrong? I'm trying to place a book lying flat on a table.

- I'm trying to fill a bowl with some fruit. I can place one small apple in it, although it floats a bit, but when I try to put a banana in as well, the only place it will land is over the rim of the bowl. Is it possible to do what I'd like to achieve?

Thanks,
    Ysold.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The default key for this is R. Note that some books won't lie flat though.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

flip is not what you want. the key to lay down is the same as the "start glyph combo" key, which has caused some confusion for people that want to combine glyphs with a different key.

there are not many objects set to flip yet; in fact, i can't recall any that are. there was a tree that was incorrectly set to for a while: doing so would place it under the ground upside down, with just a stump peeking out.

i don't think you can: most things require a flat surface to be placed on.

4. Ysold

Ysold Avatar

Thanks guys! One book "flipped"!

5. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

i used to be able to flip rough stone segments but now its not working . So not sure if they changed things on flipping or not

6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

With regards to fruitbowls, baskets full of items, etc. - unfortunately, the deco surfaces in these can be extremely difficult to work with. Some are better than others, but generally you'll end up with awkward arrangements of items on top of bowls/plates. Best advise is to try fiddling camera angles, scaling the container to big and the items to small, etc. Sometimes you can place something more easily if you've got the camera tilted top-down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.