Questions related to future PvE combat mechanics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Superbitsandbob, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

I read something about getting questions answered during a roundtable type thingy. Not sure if this is the right way to go about it but here goes.

I'd like to know how the devs envisage PvE combat for full release.

I stopped playing the game a while ago now because it felt like really basic combat mechanics, stuff like mob resists for example, were not a priority and things like new hats were. As someone with some background in game development, these systems feel as though they should be some of the first things in a game as the testing side of things requires greater time than say, a new hat. Changing mob hit points or resists, NPC or PC damage etc can have a huge impact across the whole of the PvE environment for example.

I leveled my character to a point where I could farm 5 skulls areas but as I progressed through the various areas all of the PvE encounters were the same. Even against casters and archers the encounters were pretty much the same because there was no variety to mob behaviours or mechanics.

Some info on the below would be great! :)

Mob behaviours (different tactics for different mob types ie. spells cast, damage types, abilities used, healing, combat styles, AI, mob interaction between themselves like buffing and healing each other).
    Options for the players (Expanding skill trees, greater use of crowd control mechanics, expanded pet abilities, expanded tamed pet abilities).
    Mob cosmetics (model variety, variety in types of mobs).

Thanks!!

Numa and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I cant answer your question as im not a dev, but it looks likw they are making small adjustments here and there.
    This patch has examples of pve mon behavior adjustments. So im assuming that it falls under * work in progress *

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.