Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Quests and Conversations: Buggy and Confusing

Discussion in 'Release 52 Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Generally speaking (which is why this is not a bug report), my experience with quests and conversations have been very poor doing two of the main quests. My progress so far:

Path of Love: I finished the Crypt of the Avatar part and still have to go to Spite
    Path of Courage: A few minutes ago I crashed when entering the Caverns of Skrekk

Some of the problems or unsatisfactory experiences I have been having:
    • Conversations end abruptly in the middle of the conversation. Sometimes the chat log records me saying "Goodbye" when I didn't
    • Inconsistent quest mechanics when completing a quest: Sometimes an underlined word is available to click on to turn in a quest item, sometimes the trade window appears immediately upon addressing the NPC, sometimes you have to type in a phrase only to be found in the journal entry.
    • NPC not immediately offering a quest, accepting a quest item, or reacting to information given. Sometimes I have to initiate conversation more than once in a row to get the NPC to react as expected.
    • NPC quest-givers don't recognize key phrases/words that you would expect them to recognize. For example, the Seneschal in Resolute does not recognize the name Cyannis, even though he sent you to look for him.
    • The small dialogue window does not always have room for the entire NPC reply, so you have to scroll up to read the beginning.
    • This window is constantly being spammed with messages about other players joining and leaving the game.
    • When conversations end prematurely, you have to refer to the main chat window to try to figure out what happened.
    • One of my Love side-quests was buggy and couldn't be completed (forgetful ghosts)
    The quests themselves were good, and I enjoyed doing them. The Highvale Outskirts was a fabulous scene and the quests were fun to do. But the mechanics of the dialogue and conversation system in the game has turned out to be the weakest link of SotA in my opinion.

Tamsen, Hermetic, Rentier and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.