R15 FireLotus Tavern Party

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Mysty, Feb 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mysty

Mysty Avatar

At noon today our time (PST), Avatars Radio invited the community to celebrate in style with an R15 party at the FireLotus Tavern hosted by none other than Community Manager/Guest DJ Extraordinaire, FireLotus. Lots of merriment, dancing and prizes ensued. Ozzy and I regressed a few decades listening to some of our fave oldies -- some sung by the original artists while others were re-introduced as more recent releases performed by newer artists. And of course, there was much jumping up and down and clapping of hands with glee as we won prizes (and that was just Ozzy). *snickers*

As everyone arrived for the afternoon dancerama, we all discretely checked each other out, admiring the different get-ups some of us may not yet have seen, friendly chitchat and just dancing in general. We got a bit of an adrenalin boost when DarkStarr showed up and joined in the dancing, followed by some words of appreciation on Avatars Radio that gave us all some serious warm fuzzies.

[​IMG]

As the afternoon wore on the Q&A period and subsequent prizes served to loosen us up a bit. I'm sure someone slipped something into my virtual beer mug because I was literally giddy with glee. Either that or the fact that FireLotus seems to have a direct connection to the music of my soul with her playlists. I seriously went from dancing and headbanging in my chair to standing and gyrating until my boogiebags hurt.

[​IMG]

And then from there things just got crazy. As all good things must come to an end, it was announced that the festivities would soon be ceasing, and so we all dressed down for the occasion. You folks are just lucky that it was virtual beer or I would have been rifling through nearby player-owned homes searching for lampshades and dancing on the bar right next to FireLotus.

[​IMG]

That was AWESOME FUN! Thank you to the hosts and guest partiers alike for enhancing our Final February Friday.

~Mysty ShadowBorne

2. OzDragon

OzDragon Avatar

Was great fun! Thanx FireLotus and nice to meet everyone that showed up!

3. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I am sorry I missed it, work in real life :(. Hope everyone had a great time though!

Duggy, Amber Raine and OzDragon like this.
  4. Rubus Bramble

Rubus Bramble Avatar

[​IMG]

A Jolly evening had by all, Although I missed out on Lady Firelotus Mutton Stew, too much apple mead and dancing caused the handing and taking of prize's impossible...
    Great Music - Great Company - Great Release Party .. Thanks

*picture taken on phone, hence the grain*

5. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

I look forward to these once a month, always the Friday directly after a release. They are the one event a month where I can sit back, throw the rules out the window and be reminded that even as the Owner of the station, it is okay to let my hair down once in a while..... If i still had hair :p

I noticed your link in the OP was headed to a dead space - you can try - AvatarsRadio.com << that would fix it

Thank you FireLotus for the amazing time you bring us in everything you do (and the sweet words said about Gabriel and myself)!! <3

Arianna and Mysty like this.
  6. Andrew Rodrick

Andrew Rodrick Avatar

It looks like everyone had a great time! unfortunately I missed it due to the map mismatch bug *sniff* although I was there in spirit and listening on the radio, there's always next time :)

7. Amber Raine

There were 2 different instances of the same party - FireLotus was in one, I was in the other. As Darkstarr said "It is the price of chaos" ;)

Duggy and Kendric Darrow like this.
  8. Mysty

Mysty Avatar

Friend and fellow avatar, Krullen, hooked us up with Avatars Radio a couple of days ago and we've had it on every available moment since then. Kudos to all the work you put into getting it up and running. I've been reading through old posts there and on the forums here to try and get caught up. Keep up the great work... please! :D

Unfortunately I did put in avatarsradio.com but since I neglected to put in the "http://" it assumed the link was an extension of the forums and added "https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com" in front of it... lol I fixed it. Thanks for catching that!

We had stepped away from the computer briefly to eat and didn't catch all of what was said. Was it to do with pending nuptials?

9. Amber Raine

Yes it was. Gabriel and I have been together (in one way or another - more like we care about each other and would not say anything other then be friends LOL) for almost a year, engaged for the past month and to be married in just over a month (April 11th unless something changes)

10. Mysty

Mysty Avatar

I thought that's what I heard... but I sat down too late to catch it all. CONGRATULATIONS!!

This love story sounds familiar. Ozzy and I met in Lineage II (which coincidentally Lord British/Richard Garriott also had a hand in) 10 years ago. We were friends for nearly a year before we realized (more like other friends pointed it out LOL) that there was something more between us. Later that year I moved 3k miles to be with him, and we just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on Jan 31st. Krullen (who I mentioned earlier) is sorta responsible for us meeting, so it's kinda cool that we're all here together. Very nice to meet you.

And Ozzy just pointed out that you're from Abbotsford, BC... we're practically neighbours! We live in Surrey. :D

11. OzDragon

OzDragon Avatar

Wow, Hi Amber neighbor :D Yep our stories sound similar indeed. and Congrats to you Amber.

12. Amber Raine

Oh wow, the world just got *Very* Small. I am indeed in Abbotsford!! And, have family in surrey - although was never a Surrey girl myself ~grins and waves over the bridge~

And thank you!! :)
    And sounds very similar to myself and Gabriel. It took a few of our close friends to basically say "will you just do it and get it over with" ~grins~ Could not be happier, since over the past year he was writing his plays with me in mind and i was writing my poetry with him in mind.

13. Mysty

Mysty Avatar

Elizabeth Barrett Browning and Robert Browning, indeed. *nods*

Well I rarely leave my home, but let me know when you're in the area next and I'll stick my arm out and wave. :) Or pay the toll of a Timmies and I'll grant you access to my keep... haha...

14. Amber Raine

Can tell a true canuck -- "Pay the toll of a timmies and you can have access to almost anything" .. :D

Had not drawn the correlation between the Brownings and Gabriel/myself.. good call!

And Speaking of which.. i really should get to writing more for the forums here >.< ... Such a slacker :D

15. Mysty

Mysty Avatar

[​IMG]

If tagging is enabled here, please tag me in any of your writing. I live for this kind of stuff! :)

OzDragon likes this.
  16. OzDragon

OzDragon Avatar

Funny thing is i started thinking.. where have we met Amber and Gabriel before? then it struck me.. so i had a look at my old Screenies and found these. LOL see if you remember the Tesla Party??
    [​IMG]
    And then this one was a dead give away.
    [​IMG]
    See I might be slow sometimes but i never forget a great party! lol

Duggy likes this.
  17. Mysty

Mysty Avatar

LMAO Ozzy!!!

OzDragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.