Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R29-R31 Release Cycle Recap

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Traveller13, Jul 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I'm just about done playing the R29-R31 cycle. I have maybe one more bug report I want to go back in the game to verify and make. Maybe figure out how to get the spyglass to work, too. Other than that, I'll take off time from the game until the R32 festivities begin.

I decided to play without some of my pledge rewards for this release cycle. I went with the house, the basement, the crafting stations, and some furniture so the house wouldn't look completely empty. I left the weapons, clothing, pets, armor, vendors, and the nick-nacks in the bank.

Playing without the special clothing meant I was playing in the dark. Literally. I leveled up the light spell, though. I got by fairly easily. I especially liked hunting the elves in the Greymark Forest at night. It was a challenge to pick out their motion while under the cover of trees. It was doable, though. Otherwise, the light spell was cast if it was too dark.

Playing without the armor and weapon rewards meant I had to live off the land from the start. It wasn't too difficult. All of my armor was bought off the NPC vendors or found in the dungeons and repaired for use. I considered it disposable. I sold it off when it got too damaged. I crafted a set of plate armor during R29. I wore that armor on only a few occasions. I crafted a halberd that I used only once. I found much better player crafted halberds on the vendors in Owl's Head. I used those special halberds on only a few occasions, as well.

I pulled in more GP this release cycle than any of the others. More GP than maybe all of the others combined. I'm at 213,000 or so GP right now. My previous high was around 60,000. I usually hovered right around 10,0000. I made use of the public vendor work order system to make at least half my gold. Viewing armor as disposable cut down on the amount of repair kits I bought. That saved quite a bit. I purchased maybe 60 repair kits total during the release cycle. I haven't used all of them yet. Though I went through a lot of carpentry repair kits in order to keep my halberds functional. I still wore out a couple of halberds, though.

I ended up with levels 78A and 68P. Those are the highest levels I've achieved through any of the release cycles. I know Themo Lock and some others are thinking "amateur!"

Some thoughts along the way...

The brown spider chamber in the Resolute Sewers can get creepy after a while. The spiders keep coming, and coming, and coming out of the dark. Then the light spell expires...

From the "Oops. I'm sorry little dude. I didn't mean to do it," department. I was in Ulfheim in the bear patriarch area. I was running along in combat mode. I passed a rabbit. The rabbit squeaked and died. I was reminded of the Terry Pratchett line. Anyway, I thought, "did I do that?" Sure enough, the combat log showed I did. Apparently the reticle passed over the rabbit as I ran by and I had auto attack on. Oops. I'm sorry little dude. I didn't mean to do it.

The halberd is definitely not a precision weapon. My apologies to two bay horses in Nightshade Pass.

Hopefully the game crashes and the screen freezes will be fixed soon. Those two are my biggest concerns.

So, other than what I mentioned in first paragraph, I'll take some time off from SotA. Maybe I'll work on getting the Superbird I'm porting into rF2 to work better in rF2. Well, fix the flapping wheels, at least.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
    Svahn, Manerd, Acred and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.