Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R37 refuses to download/patch

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Sentinel2, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

1. Title: R37 refuses to download/patch
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Yes
    4. Details: Linux client will not download/patch
    5. Steps to Reproduce: 1. Click on launcher. 2. Launcher will alternate between "Updating the Patch Client" and "Updating the Game". Launcher will not download the r37 update. FYI. The QA patcher worked fine when updating to r37 the last few days including last night. In my testing. I'm also running on a Windows 7 desktop. Windows is downloading fine ATM. I wonder if there is a separate seed for linux downloads. Perhaps its down?
    6. User Specs:
      CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8310 Eight-Core Processor
      GPU: GeForce GTX 960

2. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Ok. Update.

I renamed the /usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar_Data directory to /usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar_data.ORIG

This forced a full download rather than a patch. The player.log file recorded the below. What's interesting is I have full permissions as my regular user account. I even ran "sudo chown -R username.username *" from the launcher directory. Everything was owned by me :)

So not sure why it failed to update. Why it thought I had no permissions. Or why no valid patch path was found. But It's going now. 1.20+ MB/s.

Hope this helps someone fighting the good fight! Once updated I should be ok :)

No valid patch path found. Deleting game to install from version 0.

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Cleaning out game data at: /usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

DeleteFolderRecursive: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "/usr/local/games/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/Data/Songs/007.abc" is denied.
    at System.IO.File.Delete (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.IO.Directory.RecursiveDelete (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.IO.Directory.RecursiveDelete (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.IO.Directory.Delete (System.String path, Boolean recursive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.Delete (Boolean recursive) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.DirectoryInfo:Delete (bool)
    at UtilsPatcher.DeleteFolderRecursive (System.IO.DirectoryInfo baseDir) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.