Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R42 Likes and Dislikes

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Poor game design, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

1. I like the new cool down UI on the combat bar. I assume the red is just a placeholder, but it helps with understanding what's available and what's not, a lot.
    2. Tried the heat system a little, it's cool. I have some concerns about macroing though. I think it's going to be a lot easier now so I hope Portalarium is planning on banning people that abuse it. Cheaters are not deserving of second chances.
    3. I like the extended times for buffs in R42. It makes a lot of sense to do this, as constantly casting the same buffs was annoying. However, the downside of this is that it makes all buffs very easy to use, and this makes player characters much more the same from player to player. I'd like to see a max focus cost associated with all of these buffs, the more you use the less max focus you have.
    4. The ability to move the starting spawn point for my POT final reached the swamp island map, and this release was the first time I got a chance to use it. It's a nice feature, however I don't like how limited the choices are. To really make my town run correctly, I need either dynamic spawn points where the location can change randomly. Or I need players to spawn into the map based on the direction of the overland map they're coming from. Having only one location where all the traffic comes from is not helpful. The town needs to have at least 4 locations where traffic comes from. North, South, East, and West.
    5. I love the moon dials! They look fantastic. I'm still not sure how to use them exactly. So it would be nice if there were some kind of tutorial for this before astrological events start to impact crafting.
    6. Love the Magic Sigils in the add-on store. I've been waiting for these for a long long time. It would be great if we could get a giant sized version though...about twice as big as the large size is now. I have a lot of rooms with tons of floor space that could accommodate.
    7. Love the guard armor! I thought this was a great addition to the game months ago when it was first added and I love the continuing ability for players to use assets like this for themselves. No other game does things like this, and it's a huge deal to me. I hope in the future there will be more options like this, and perhaps NPC guards will be able to get dressed up in customized mix and match armor chosen by the town owner.

Dislikes:

1. I dislike the aggregate data that is being given to third parties. I don't want my character involved, I don't want my town involved. I understand it's data that is in aggregate, but we have a small population of players and it's still possible to make educated guesses based off aggregate data (especially if you know of events that are rare and who was involved in those events).
    2. I dislike that the moon magic spell tree is still completely broken after years of reporting it on the forums and privately.
    3. I dislike that everytime I open containers at multiple houses, all of the default locations for the UI move from where I had them before. If I move them, it only messes up the locations of other containers at other homes I own. It appears that there is a limit to how many container UI locations a player can have and I'm way over that limit. I don't know what the deal is, but it's really annoying.
    4. I can't stand the fact that my Player Owned Town has a town crier in a fixed location. It completely ruins my town. It should be removed and only placed if I decide it needs to be there. This must change.
    5. I dislike that Cabalist Robes and Boots do not drop eternal patters when salvaged. Not sure if this is by design or not, but it stinks because they look very cool. Also, you can't dye them, which also stinks.
    6. I dislike that we still don't have an option to "never sell/never trade" in our inventory. We really need that like 3 years ago.
    7. I hate that there is now fast travel in my POT. Do I own this town or does someone else own this town? I didn't authorize fast travel!

Please stop putting in features that drastically change the way my town operates (or at least give POT owners a way to opt in and out).

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  2. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Didn't understand your #1 concern. Data been given to third parties? what are you talking about?
    Rest of things the good news is it's all possible to do with not too much difficulty other than just making.. I think.

3. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

He's talking about the Public Stats API: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/public-stats-api.89186/page-10#post-819608

They talked a little about it on the telethon. It's intended as a way for those of us with SotA websites and/or some programming experience to get and share statistical data about the game, but it's open to anyone with the know-how and tenacity to use it (not just certain people, I think that isn't made clear from the above).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.