Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R7 OSX Experience

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Beaumaris, Jun 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Comments on the release 7 build for MAC OSX:

- I tested using a late 2013 IMAC with a GeForce 770M and 8 MB RAM.
    - The game downloaded, patched, and ran fine.
    - Loading time between scenes was not speedy but acceptable.
    - Very few graphical issues this build. Darkness seemed VERY dark. Some clipping (seeing outdoor areas) in buildings.
    - No significant lag to report on, it ran fine in cities / towns and in scenes.
    - About one crash per hour, some random hang up of the game loading between scenes. A timeout message that told me to reduce graphical settings, but I was already on fastest.
    - Connectivity was great otherwise. Good for a pre alpha test!
    - The pre Alpha build plays better on MAC than some games that are in release that say they support OSX.

Other random release 7 comments:

- I love the skill button icons. They are sizable and artistic with a logic relating to their function. A huge improvement over other MMOs, I think. Please keep these.
    - I get a little confused on a different skill bars that skills automatically seem to go to on their own.
    - Dark feels too dark, at least on the iIMAC, even with a torch.
    - Graphics are looking better and better, even on 'fastest' setting. I stood on top of a Duke castle and really appreciated the vistas this time.
    - Gosh the Knight Marshall keeps are so dark in color that when lined up in a town they feel too imposing.
    - I like the direction that the skill system seems to be going in. Cool potential for the future.
    - Would like to see row houses more deliberately tested in the next build to get their feel.
    - Looking forward to the next overland map build. I like the 3D route. It needs to be a compelling isometric view.
    - Less 3D motion sickness in houses this build, not sure if it was me or if something changed a little.
    - Why do the NPCs write maps in runic but speak in English? ;-)
    - Wondering if scenes are too linear (enter one area, follow path with maybe a loop, exit other end).
    - Still worried that towns are too segregated from action scenes. Will towns feel too disconnected from nature and the danger of the world around them?
    - Need placeable trees and shrubs for towns, to round out the edges around and between houses. Could they be abused though?
    - The new housing models like rustic are fantastic. I love the colors that they add. Good job.
    - NPC conversations seem better but also an area for huge innovation still to differentiate the game.
    - Didn't test housing this trip.
    - Tried my hand at combat a bit. Spells worked ok though a fireball spell projectile once stopped in mid air half way towards a bear and then hung there, without doing damage or clearing. The bear didn't care, and attacked me anyway for my transgression.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.