Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Raining in buildings? Please read!

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Lexie, Oct 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

We have been working hard on the raining indoor issues that have been around for ages. At this point we're combing through and getting the rest of these spots taken care of. We need your help on getting to the ones we missed. Please go by what you see on the QA builds and not on live, please. That is the most up to date version with these fixes.

Here is what we need:

Use /devbug at the location (QA server) and include it in your bug report.

In that bug info, include the following:

1) Where it rains in the home (upstairs only, balcony, etc.)
    2) The full name of the home/building. If it is a house, go to the house lot marker and provide us the full name as it is shown there. These names are unique and it will make sure we don't miss any variations. A 2 story wood and plaster home is technically not the same as a 4 story wood and plaster home, for example.
    3) We're looking for reports of all buildings, so please also report NPC buildings as you find them. Describe if it is an Alchemist NPC building, for example.

We want individual reports so I'm not creating a single dedicated thread for these. Just do a quick search for the building name before reporting so we don't get confused by duplicates :)

I can't stand the rain
    Against my window
    Bringing back sweet memories
    I can't stand the rain…

Rada Torment likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

UPDATE: Note that the changes made should have significant improvement for RAIN indoors.

This is not a 100% fix, however. There are a lot of elements that influence the improvements, including video quality settings. Players on lower video quality will likely still see rain getting into homes. Players on Beautiful video settings should definitely see a marked improvement.

Additionally: The fix that went in affects Rain exclusively. Snow uses a different system which will cause it to still appear to enter buildings. This is a still a known issue that will require work to address in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.