Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Raised Bed Planter Changes Are...Odd

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Alleine Dragonfyre, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Hello!

First, thank you for all your hard work. I love the game, so please take this as constructive criticism. I accidentally moved one of my planters and found new behavior on the moved planter.

1.) The planters now have square-foot lines in them that are pretty unattractive. They do seem to disappear when at a distance, but that distance is too far away. Honestly, I'm not even sure why they exist. In RL I separate my raised beds by the square foot with twine, but I don't see why this is necessary in the game. The planters were beautiful, especially with fully grown plants. Now they are not at all.

[​IMG]

2) I appreciate the attempt at more realistic water on the plants. However there appears to be no reflection at all now and I can see through the water to the tiles on the floor of my greenhouse. Perhaps this was tested with a raised bed on grass where it's harder to see. However the water makes the bed transparent to the floor now.

[​IMG]

Numa and fonsvitae like this.
  2. chrisjwhite

chrisjwhite Avatar

Is it the floor or the reflection of the ceiling?

3. Alleine Dragonfyre

No the ceiling is a greenhouse roof, not ceramic tile like the rest of the floor.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This looks like a bug! And I think we may already have a fix for it planned in the pipeline as it's no longer reproducible on latest internal builds. Keep a eye out for upcoming patches and let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks!

5. Alleine Dragonfyre

Both the lines and the transparency in the water? Sure! I plant almost daily and will keep an eye on it for you @Attenwood :)

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  6. Pebbles

Pebbles Avatar

Hey, @Attenwood ...

I am getting a similar issue with planter barrels and pots that I have moved or interacted with having a white block around them in Dawn's Keep. (It is the same block that is usually highlighted red or green when I am moving the planters.) The ones that I have not touched or moved look fine. Here is a screenshot.

[​IMG]

I am not sure if it is the same issue, but when I interact with a vendor it changes to bright primary colors, like it has been highlighted, today in NBM. In both cases it goes away if I leave the scene and come back.

[​IMG]

Numa likes this.
  7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

These should all be fixed in the upcoming patch.

Alleine Dragonfyre, Barugon and Ancev like this.
  8. Alleine Dragonfyre

Hello @Attenwood,

Another problem seems to be happening since you stealth-patched. Sometimes, when watering we move the raised bed by accident. That's OK and it can just be re-placed down easily. Now when that happens, say mid-harvesting a mature plant, it sticks to the cursor and does not allow the raised bed to be dropped nor the item being harvested can be completed.

It is game-breaking as I need to relog to fix the issue. Thanks for trying to fix it the first time :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

not that this lessens the severity of the bug, but i suspect if you walk off the lot it will drop itself.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I can't even begin to tell you how much I hate decoration mode. I've made several suggestions about better ideas (such as allowing moving decorations while holding the control key while not in deco mode or at least having some indicator on-screen when deco mode is turned on) but they have successfully ignored all of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.