Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Random encounter avoidance difficult on roads

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Syznow, Oct 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syznow

Syznow Avatar

I have tried several times to avoid random encounters on roads but when I go off road the slowdown seems to always enable the rover to catch me. Since I have had rovers engage the encouter from a visual distance of about 2 characters, the combo of overland map slowdown and roving encounters makes them very hard to avoid.
    A significant widening of the "fast lane" for roads would help this problem and make road encounters somewhat avoidable without players having to travel far out of the way into the wilderness to avoid encounters.
    Travel on overland map is already slower than I prefer, and this only makes it slower for players who dont want to spend time on an encounter scene.

2. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Maybe us being able to stealth on the overland?

3. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Also, when I am on the over world map, the majority of the time I am over encumbered with goods, and am almost at a snails pace. Sounds like this can be extremely annoying when on non roads trying to get to the road, making it even slower = not able to avoid or out run encounter = possibly dead me ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.