Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Random Encounters Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by KuBaTRiZeS, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

I've been through some random encounters, and with more diversity but low appearance rate, they are enjoyable at the moment. You're not sure what you're gonna find out, and that's good (even with just 5 or 4 possibilities). and even when most of them are just "kill the monsters, check the resources, then go on", the different monsters adds some sauce to it. Can't wait to see it developing as more random encounter scenes are added.

I'd like to point out two details i found annoying on the current random encounters
    • The guarding dogs of the herd are hostile by default... i was just waving at the animals and suddenly the poor thing attacked me... you made me kill it Portalarium! i had done no wrong to deserve its attack.
    • In the bandits assault i fought against the whole gang, bringing them down one after the other. Running around the scene i notice a chest... i went to open it, wondering what kind of riches may the bandits been hoarding. As i open it, i found inside... a sulfurous ash. Really? not even a hundred gold? I should've spared them, killing them i just rose the average quality of banditry.
    That's all for now!

Chatele, docdoom77 and Albus like this.
  2. stridecolossus

stridecolossus Avatar

Had that encounter a few times and never had the dogs go hostile. Sure you didn't accidentally tag them with a ranged spell or arrow? Otherwise log a bug.

3. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Pretty sure, in fact i noticed there were guard dogs because one of them came at me and attacked me. I've been doing my oracle consultations and so far i'm neutral regarding the virtues, so i don't think it was virtue related either (that's what i thought at first)

4. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Low appearance rate is not what I experienced yesterday. Around Ardoris I was sucked into encounters a lot of times while looking for something else. Talk of wasting my very short available time with all the loading screens.

5. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Wow, sorry to hear that... then or you're very unlucky or i'm very lucky. I've been playing for almost 20 hours this release, and some of that time i've been travelling between cities running NPC errands trying to get a reward... and i think i've been dragged into Random Encounters no more than 10 times.

6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Never had the herding dogs red entering their scene. Actually, I also managed to sneak-butcher some cows and sheep when they weren't paying attention and they remained grey (= neutral).

In the bandit chest I found some low durability epic stuff once. Nothing to write home about, however.

Furthermore, I think that the chance of a random encounter drops dramatically if you stay exactly on roads. Once I was able to do Eastreach > Necropolis without encountering anyone. If you wander off in the wilderness, the chance seems raising significantly.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  7. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

About 10 encounters in less than 20 minutes overland.
    I don't think that I left the road that often.

8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Personally, I found that the encounters occur *more* often if you stick to the road.

I believe they are turned up quite high along the Southern coast road between "Brightbone Pass" and "Ardoris", probably for testing purposes.

I take that route from my POT into town quite often, and always hit one or two encounters on the way. :)

9. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Been playing this afternoon, and only fell into one random encounters. Travelled the vale north to south a couple of times, then went to Ardoris by boat and explored the west zone as far as restless woods stopping by in brightbone woods.

On all this route, only my girlfriend fell into one random encounter, i had none. We stayed almost everytime in the roads.

Don't know if this data is useful, but its interesting seeing how some of us doesn't find almost none while others felt crowded :confused: there should be a pattern over there!

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I like the random encounters. :). Keeps me on my toes. At first I thought it was only my instance. Suddenly someone else appeared. Cool!

11. KuBaTRiZeS

KuBaTRiZeS Avatar

Ran into the herd encounter again... i approached to a dog with the intention of petting him and he attacked me. Those guys have less aggro than wolves, but they're hostile. And they don't like being targeted...

I also had 4 random encounters going from Ardoris to Whiteguard foothills... just a spree? maybe it's level dependant? don't know, but it was a bit annoying, and for the very first time i thought about skipping all the resources in the Random Event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.