Random questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DalTXColtsFan, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I think the best strategy is finding cover when the dragons are flying, so they'll land and chase you.

Considering you're an earth spec'd polearm user:
    Cloak: look for the ones with most STR and attack speed Enchantments.
    Belt: Belt of the Troll Lord, again with max STR Enchantments.
    Rings: focus on STR Enchanted ones, and if you have the gold to buy go for Ring of Earth, Legendary (STR Enchanted too).

2. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

Well it depends...95% of all players at the high end wear a Warlock's Chain as their neck piece...it adds 10 attunement to all the magic schools, increases your adventuring level and gives you INT. It is expensive...but it is what those folks wear...they can be crafted for BIG crafting xp. If you are leaning Melee and need str in your build, I would say most players go for the Ring of Brittle Brawn. It adds 40 str at uncommon, but it is a serious hit to your hit points. Tanks who prefer to use their defense a bit more for survivability may not use it...but offensive melee guys that value their dps above the defense definitely will along with virtually all archers that are heavily reliant on their bow for the primary portion of their damage.

Virtually all cloth casters are wearing Sage's Sash in their belt slot. The exception could be death mages that might be using the really cool death belt that adds attunement. (cant remember name)

Probably the best haste belt out there is the Spider belt, but they go for crazy money as well. There are more economical options. Rings are going to vary the most because people tend to boost their magic attunement with those. There is a ring of wisdom that adds 25 INT, but you take hits to your str and dex.

Other than that the remaining choices are extremely variable based on your build, your deck and your playstyle. The above examples are not absolute and folks don't always have deep pockets to buy the best items out there.

Thanks,
    Voltage

3. Powersurge45

Powersurge45 Avatar

One other thing i would mention...this is specifically for magic builds only...your attunement and level is your power. The higher your attunement to your magic school and your adventure level the more powerful your magic will be...even INT is 3rd behind attunement and character level. I built a brand new character 2 weeks ago and boosted their attunement to both moon and water by 75 each with gear I crafted myself and some artifacts...I came out blasting mobs with 1 spell for 80 hps with ice arrow and shooting star and those skills were not even up to 10 yet.

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  4. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

59. I'm finally starting to find an artefact or two. The Ring of Brittle Brawn gives a big strength boost at the expense of a health hit - I might save that for later, who knows. The Shard of Night doesn't look like anything I'll ever actually use. If I can't salvage it for ancient essence (and it looks like I can't), is there anything better to do with that shard than sell it to an NPC?

[​IMG]

5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

You should be able to salvage it for essence. Since it's a dagger, it would be salvaged at the blacksmithing table and not carpentry. You can also get a few k for it just selling to other players.

Ring of Brittle Brawn is really good, btw. If you play a melee, you can basically use it any time you're doing something where you're not in much danger of getting killed. That could be in a group or mining or whatever.

DalTXColtsFan likes this.
  6. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

Next time I have a chance I'll try it against those *($# brats in the kampusgarten who drain my focus.

Lazlo likes this.
  7. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

The reason I'm concerned is the tooltip says "Salvage yields pattern shard of night".

8. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Hm. I would hope that would be on top of the essence, but I don't think I've yet salvaged an artifact that has a pattern, so I couldn't say.

Anpu likes this.
  9. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Don't worry, you get both the essence and the pattern.
    Source: I salvaged some of these a couple of day ago.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Is the pattern drop still random on artifacts, though, like it is for other items that can drop patterns?

Aw, damn, Envy Bow doesn't drop a pattern. LAME. I love that vfx.

11. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Items that specifically state Salvage Yields: PATTERN always drop a pattern.

Are you possibly confusing this with the random chance drop patterns from like NPC weapons and armor?

12. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

I was wondering if that was the case. But it seemed too good to be true, so I didn't ask about it.
    Not exactly. I know NPC weapons and armor drop patterns randomly. (Though, far more often than I would like.) I also know that some artifacts drop patterns. But since I have never scrapped an artifact for a pattern, I assumed it worked the same way it does with NPC weapons/armor. Also, since I'd never done it, I hadn't paid attention to the "Salvage Yields..." text. When I said "Is the pattern drop still random on artifacts...?" it would have been more accurate for me to say, "Is the pattern drop also random on artifacts...?" as I did not know the answer one way or the other.

Anpu likes this.
  13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Can always experiment on qa! We get a lot of gold and COTO now so you could just run off and just buy artifacts from player to test stuff. I do that.

14. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Or, I could just ask here. I feel I've put in enough time helping others and adding information to the general knowledge pool to not feel like I'm being lazy.

15. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

I didn't pay attention if all the Shards had the phrase about yielding patterns. But sure enough only a 20% yielded patterns.

16. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

60. This is going to be the craziest random question I've ever asked, but bear with me, because I have a very good reason for asking it:

Where are the best places to "harvest" slime ooze?

Why am I asking such a strange question? Because it looks like each crafted poison potion, numbing is worth 3000 producer XP, 15,000 if exceptional item crafted. Walk into an alchemy station with 200+ slime oozes and you could walk out SIGNIFICANTLY closer to the number of producer XP where you can start doing enchantment and masterworking without wasting a lot of ingots to get to level 100.

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

depends on how many times you make it. every new recipe gives you a lot the first few times but curves down to its baseline.

Anpu likes this.
  18. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Death metal slimes in Tartarus. Might not be the easiest place, but it's probably the best. They drop a lot of ooze per slime.

And, what Alley Oop said. I think the slime poison gives the same xp as the spider poison, once the first time bonus is gone.

19. DalTXColtsFan

DalTXColtsFan Avatar

The spider poison potion seems to have "bottomed out" at 1,000XP per poison (5,000XP for exceptional) - that's still nothing to sneeze at. You come out of Resolute Sewers with 100 venom sacks, for example, then in addition to the producer XP you got for skinning the spiders you can create 12 potions (each requires 8 sacks) which gain an extra 12,000-18,000 producer XP.

Now that I actually type that number I'm less excited by this idea. I still don't think it's a horrible option to keep in mind, since you can click the button to craft the potions and go do something else. Producer XP is producer XP. But I was getting about 400,000XP per hour in Elysium Mines.

As you can all tell, I'm still thinking this through and will appreciate any other insights.

20. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

For crafting xp, have you just tried running around the Elysium Mines and harvesting silver?

Another option for a lot of crafting xp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.