Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Range limit of XP award needs increasing

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by Preachyr, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Hey ORC you guys aren't confusing the xp delay on skeletons prior to looting are you. They are the only creature that has an xp delay because of the mage rezzing window.

2. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

should be 60m at the very least, I dont see what an extra 20m would do or how it would help powerleveling. my spells can be cast from 45m... and I plan on increasing my innate that will make my range go further, this makes no sense at all, why give me the ability to shoot so far but restrict it in a group setting?! this concept directly attacks fire mages, archers and healers, just fix it already. if you need to make a change like the 40m to stop powerleveling, you are doing it all wrong, nothing is stopping someone from just being in follow mode, this 40m thing is stupid.

seriously though, can someone explain to me the logic of how this prevents powerleveling???!??!?!??! "/follow" needs to be removed if you want to really do something constructive against powerleveling, or at least have it removed when entering combat but even then, humans will always find a way around your silly attempts to constrict the game. this was a shortsighted change and should either be increased to 60m or just plain removed

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Waited over 3 min each time as this is what i was knocking it off to for last few weeks.
    Finally sat down for an hour or so and tested it and we realized we were having numerous issues of no exp.

But yea that what i initially thought it was.

I implore some people here to actually play with the boundries and post their findings.
    Measure out exactly 40m and play with it from there. Do so with low mobs as an archer if possible ( agian i kill em at 33m away, where they shoot me from aswell )

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Confirm what ? Sorthious gave you the direct link to where Port states that it is supposed to be 40m to another party member.
    If you believe it's not working that way, then go Bug Report it.

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Perfect. So stand in range of a mob. Have a friend tank take it. Nuke it 1 time. Let friend kill it when ure max range and se if you get exp.
    Id love if we were wrong, cause if were NOT, even if weve lost 10% exp at this spot, then we got hosed hundreds of k experiance.

6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Confirm that someone else is finding it not working properly?
    Maybe its mob or zone specific? Maybe preach is bugged? Maybe me and preach are both idiots and he cant count? Maybe since its an easy test someone in the thread would be willing to confirm it is indeed broken, and i dont need to wsste the dev's time? Lol

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Have you Bug Reported it yet ? When you do, you might find that others confirm your findings.
    But first, go report it.

8. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

copied over to bug reports, wasnt sure if it was stated as from mob or from party member thats why i posted here first.

FrostII likes this.
  9. Gix

Gix Avatar

Neither would I.

@Sorthious pretty much covered the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.