1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice

Ranged abilities lagging. Unable to take ranged damage.

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills & Magic' started by Artipeng, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Artipeng

Artipeng Avatar

09/27/2021 01:25
    Title: Ranged abilities lagging. Unable to take ranged damage.
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker? No?
    Details:Ranged abilities will lag after a few minuets of game play. The Cool Downs will activate but no arrows will fire. 5-10 minuets later I'll hear the sound effect for the ability and if I'm looking at a target it will take damage. Auto attack continues to function. Focus is at 100% and the abilities are locked to the action bar. I'm also unable to receive ranged damage from archers during the lag periods. Switching combat decks to melee or restarting the game fixes the issue. All other abilities besides range work as per normal.
    Steps to Reproduce: Log in and use ranged abilities.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32715
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1448.Date.09.20.21
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (296.5, 72.3, -141.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgyOTYuNDU2LCA3Mi4yNjMsIC0xNDEuODYzKXwoMCwgLTAuMDAyLCAwLCAxKXwzNTkuNzcwOHwxMHwxLjI1

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What specific weapon are you using?

3. Artipeng

Artipeng Avatar

Long Bow.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Maybe try some basic steps, like rebooting and then loading the game and see if it still happens.. if so, maybe switch to a different zone/scene, and see?

5. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Artipeng , if you can DM me your sota-log.txt file in Discord (or email it to support@portalarium.com tagging me in it and include a link to this thread)
    The log can be found here (where the game is installed): (program files or your custom path)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar_Data

With your specs above, I assume the game is installed on an SSD, if not that could be an issue; be sure that if your system has a legacy spindle drive for C: and an SSD data drive, that the game is NOT installed on C:

Another test you can do is to disable antivirus realtime scanning and see if there is an improvement.