Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ranged AI seems to zone-out

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Boof, Mar 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boof

Boof Avatar

3/25/2018 10:17 AM
    Title: Ranged AI seems to zone-out
    Reproduction Rate: 80-90%
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    I am in a forest siege - this is with respect to Ebon Cultist Archers (and possibly Ebon Cultist Wizards - though not as much?). There's a type of scenario where we enter a kind of "staring contest". I've had up to 3 archers or wizards standing in combat-mode, facing me, and just staring at me. Sometimes they'll keep moving around, as though they're trying to reach some ideal location.

They do shoot... about once every 10-15 seconds. Moreover, it seems to have to do with whether I am in combat mode (see steps to reproduction). If I am not in combat mode, they'll shoot at me normally, but if I draw my weapons (dual spears in this case), their rate of fire suddenly falls off signficantly.

Here's one instance - there's one archer I was up against (screenshot for reference at bottom), shooting normally. I draw weapons... shots slow down... I sheathe.. shooting resumes... I draw weapons... shooting slows down. I could do this repeatedly.

The regular melee types aren't affected.

Here's from the log.. can see what I mean by the timestamps... 2 seconds while weapons were not drawn, and 10-15 if weapons are sheathed.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Start on the norther end of the forest siege.
    2. While is non-combat (and not using any buffs), go to the side entrances where the bodies-on-pikes are, and try to find some archers. (It may help to kill the non-archers first to remove distractions)
    3. Try to get an archer angry, and monitor shoot rate
    4. Draw weapons, and monitor shoot rate
    5. Sheathe weapons, and monitor shoot rate (repeat)
    Doesn't always work, but I have a very high success rate.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16319
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8096
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.660.Date.03.23.18
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/Novia_R7_City_Aerie
    Area Display Name: Forest Siege
    Loc: (10.8, 25.3, -70.7)
    Debug: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHxOb3ZpYV9SN19DaXR5X0FlcmllfCgxMC43NTksIDI1LjM0LCAtNzAuNzMyKXwoMCwgMC41MDQsIDAsIDAuODY0KXw0NzEuNDk3OHwyMy44Mjk2M3w3LjY5OTM2NQ==

(Staring contest)

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.