Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ranged Combat Not Working

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by twobells, Sep 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twobells

twobells Avatar

[​IMG]

Ranged combat just isn't working, the Disabled skill isn't rooting the enemy which allows them to overwhelm you with melee attacks.
    Also, unless you lock the deck with Disabled cards even if you root an enemy his friends will still overwhelm you :-(

I tried deck hot-swapping to melee (Bludgeon & Shield) but the amount of damage I took prior to swapping was considerable. Can I ask how are other Rangers achieving combat success?

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I've seen some archers use the ice arrow to slow enemies down. But mostly I've seen people hunt in groups, having one player tank for them.

The devs are aware that archery is under powered and under performing. But providing feedback like this each release is still valued.

Btw, here's a pro tip for the archer in your picture. Use an arrow and that bow will have better results. :)

(cool picture btw)

3. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Hi Twobells, what is your in game name? I've kind of mastered the art of archery and might be able to give you some tips. I can beat many melee opponents.

The disable doesn't root them, just slows them. The key is to keep moving backwards while facing them. Tricky to master but once you do, it works well.

Seek me out in game: "carlin archer" - /zone carlin archer in the chat window will reach me if I'm online.

Jynx, twobells, Spoon and 1 other person like this.
  4. twobells

twobells Avatar

That's very kind of you, I will. My nick is Roland Reed, I'm the guy running around in the Admiral's uniform :)

5. John Markus

John Markus Avatar

I was a bit disappointed with ranged attack in R10, as I was unable to find places where I can purchase additional arrows !
    (killing and looting the elves will work, however that's not the point).

6. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Hi John, yes, it was a problem. They need to get crafting arrows finished so we can make our own!

ps You can get them from the weapon shop in Owl's Head (if someone hasn't just bought them all) or the weapons shop in Ardoris (again, so long as someone hasn't just bought them).

There are batches of 500 arrows there, but if someone buys them before you, you must wait for them to respawn.

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I also tried out PvE archery, maxed out all the archery skills to get maximum glyphs etc.
    Then tried against spiders in the hills and satyrs in the forest. You needed an insane amount of arrows to get a kill. And since you are ranged and running in circles then as soon as the critter was down to FLEE AI then it would often break line of sight and instantly heal up to 50% health.
    Wasted all the available arrows I got, was it 500? Very few spider kills and no Satyr kill at all. Without root spells it would have been even less.

Same gear with a skill rebuild to flame/ice arrows and one could easily kill spiders, and get a few lucky satyr kills as well solo.

8. OverLord

OverLord Avatar

A change in mechanics that prevents any creature currently in FLEE AI from doing a line of sight check would fix that healing problem. In fact if a creature is panicked and trying to run away it's not looking back now is it.

9. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

You can still join in Single-Player Online and buy things there right?

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Nope they closed that exploit in R11 see the announcement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.