Ranged Combat vs. Terrain - Elevation, Range and line of sight quirks

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Daigoji Gai, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Nearing the end of my journey of Chapter 1, and some quirks with ranged combat are really starting to stand out to me given the (awesomesauce) jungle gym layout of many of these "new" maps.
    (e.g. The Castle Briar climb should be an archer's playground, instead it is a prison.)

The LoS for ranged combat seems terribly glitched.
    You can only attack targets on the same plane as you, BUT
    If there are two platforms on same plane with a minor gap, though you may be point blank, you do 0 damage and can't hit the target.
    If elevated (say you get on top of a rock) with zero obstructions between you and your target and attack, you do 0 damage and the mob "forgets" about you.​

While I understand doing this so that a player can only attack if at risk by the mob (it can reach and attack you) to avoid exploitation, being unable to leverage elevation or natural terrain which creates a barrier (without obstructing flight path of arrows) truly neuters the fun of being a ranger/sniper.

Is there any way we can prioritize the detection/flight mechanics of ranged combat, so we can be truly "ranged" if there are no obstructions in the arrow's flight path.

[​IMG]

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Maps are full with places who do not allow attack nose to nose with enemies on EVEN GROUND.

I would be thrilled if that was fixed at least, because it forces me to go literally into melee with an bow, an as an archer i am offcourse totally equipped to tank mobs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.