Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ranged Skill Master Trainer

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Weins201, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I know where he was :mad: I have been doing ranged for a while, but he does not seem to be anywhere near his previous spot.o_O

So any ideas.:rolleyes:

If they are on a timer that needs to be fixed.:(

If he was moved,:eek: WHY, the game has been made very convoluted, why make it even more of a chore :confused:

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Goes to Sleep? Really I guess nice mechanic but???

3. Curt

Curt Avatar

For some NPCs could be nice if they put up a 'back later' or 'back in ...' sign.

Weins201 likes this.
  4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

For ages I saw complaints that past Ultima games had NPC schedules and SotA was a failure because it didn't have NPC schedules.

They added some NPC schedules in a few places now and there are tons of complaints about NPCs sleeping or being unavailable.

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

The timers are brutal.. i hope they fix this awkwardness asap.. I like the idea of an npc schedule, but not if their days are in one hour of real time (every 30 mins they are available to interact with, then 30 mins where they are not???).. plus I've found Soltown changed to morning while I was there but noone would actually open a store window for me.. until I reloaded the scene. :(

Mykll and Weins201 like this.
  6. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

@Weins201 Had a guildie have this problem last night, the trainer didn't show up at all.
    Once my friend switched to Friends Only he was there. Might wanna give that a try.

This needs to get fixed though. Trainers, like Bankers, should always be there!

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

\People are not complaining that they are on scheduals just tha when away there in nothing to ID that or that they are disjointed and broken like 75% of things newly implemented.

Put up a not - "Asleep for a few if an emergency, find me in the Inn" OR "Had along day will be back at sunrise"

ANYTHING to inform players would be nice, not just a hit or miss like the convoluted quest lines are.

8. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It is also a little weird currently that people don't go to THEIR homes to sleep in their beds. People sleep in random houses so you don't know where to look for NPCs at night.

cartodude likes this.
  9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

@Weins201

It was night when I arrived so I assumed he was asleep. The town is quite small so finiding him in his bed was no problem. He sleeps in his clothes and does not seem bothered by being woken up.

NPC schedules are great!

Spoon likes this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

He hasn't moved, he just goes to bed every now and then.

This ^^

All of the NPCs in Soltown are really easy to find even when they go to sleep - the only exception being chad the beggar.
    You just doubleclick them and interact as you'd normally do.

11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I have to wait often for :15 to roll around so I can sell stuff to Annika the Blacksmith woman.. I've had to wait till morning too for Martin for reagents. Schedules are blocking npc interaction half of the day for me. And have been since R31 I believe.

12. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

You are right that the Merchant UI for shops are closed, I merely refered to the interaction - like the master training works.

13. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

schedules that do not allow players to play when they are actually on are total bubkus

Mykll likes this.
  14. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

You understand that a day night cycle is not long and that I just woke him up and carried on?

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

SO I am out playing I get skill up to a point where I am ready to train and move on - I move to where the trainer should be - just as I get there he goes to sleep. Now I cannot train, nor do I know where he went or when he will be back. I am in a place that I have no need to be in or anywhere near except to train this skill. DO I sit there wasting my time, of course the game is designed to make my game play TERRIBLE, and a farse. While I am in game playing at no time should a mechanic FORCED me to not be able to progress in anything. This is a very poor design, and completely counter intuitive.

I know it is not long but there are players who do NOT have time to play this game HOURS at a time or at time that are convenient, and they should NOT be forced to waste time for ANY reason because of the design of the game!

Mykll and FrostII like this.
  16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Sooooo..... Everything as expected ;-)

enderandrew likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.