Ranged skill - Range advantages over GM?

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by GMDavros, Jun 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

I'm considering dumping more XP into this to increase my shot range. Right now at GM i can hit from quite a distance and draw them into the group for a good stomping.

For example, in the Mage room I can hit a mage from across about 2/3 of the room. If there's a clear line of sight, they return fire and can hit me.

I'm wondering if there's a point where i can hit casters beyond their casting/return fire range (at least until they get irritated enough to teleport closer. Same thing would go for enemy archers.

Any thoughts? Any archers who've gone above GM level with experience in this tactic?

Fenris

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

With the way the AI is set-up, even if you do reach that point (which I'm sure you can), the enemies will react one of two ways : run into range to attack you, or run away from you.

3. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

Certainly for archers. They don't have much range at all. Start with a slow and you'll have all day to pew pew them as they creep towards you. The mages no so much. They seem to be a able to hit you from the next map over and even thru walls. I don't have the range you do but it doesn't seem likely.

Awesome topic btw

4. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I have kept mine at GM. With the extended range of a crossbow u can out range a fire arrow.

Alioth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.