Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ranged target tracking issue

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by ldykllr, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

So, I have started to notice (particularly when I'm powering up an attack and a target is at a more-than-moderate distance from me) that when the target moves (and you release your attack), that target tracking doesn't always keep up. My arrows will go to the spot where the mob used to be, before I finally turn to where they have moved to on my next attack. This applies to any attack really, as long as the target is moving at range and they move after your attack goes off but they move before it gets there. The mobs will still take damage from the attack, the attack just doesn't go to where they are at at that particular point in time.

I will try to get video of this to post, I don't know if this is a known issue. Wanted to post here before I officially bugged it.

Acred likes this.
  2. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

There are plenty of anomalies with ranged attacks. Firing at a target that is out of range, but then moves into range whole the attack is in flight (or during the animation, I'm not sure which) will cause the attack to travel visibly missing the target be still count as a hit. Enemies drastically changing their AoA during you attack will cause arrows to fly off in random directions but still hit. Enemit's that are two feet away be don't understand stairs or inclines are immune to arrows. I figure it is in the "to be resolved when we have time" bucket.

Acred and ldykllr like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.