Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ratings for Release?

Discussion in 'Release 36 Feedback Forum' started by Toadster, Nov 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

With each release getting closer to the end product, is there any feedback polls available? I believe there should be a quick poll after each release, that breaks down the changes into categories with a simple question. Did this category get better, worse, or stay the same with this release? or even the horrible question would you recommend this category to a friend.... with maybe a brief comment section.

I believe after release the idea of this game is to have a healthy player base. But, right now, I think we have a pretty diverse community with many different view points and I seem to think our populations view points would be proportionate to the viewpoints of a larger audience after release. If 75% of this group love the changes then I would assume close to 75% of a larger population would also. With this information I believe the Devs could really evaluate the changes being made and it could be used to focus on areas that would get the biggest bang for the buck, in players after final release.

uhop, Vladamir Begemot and Beaumaris like this.
  2. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

I'm all for these types of metrics, but even then you can get bias depending on those voting and not voting. Now if you made them a mandatory part of your first LOGIN, critiquing the prior build after every New Release then you might get better data. But then you wouldn't hear from those taking time off till launch or just people going on break. Getting metrics is tough, just look at all those silly Pollsters from the last American Election.

uhop likes this.
  3. Phoenix2

Phoenix2 Avatar

Agree with you both, yes to polls and yes to at login. My vote: This release sucks.

4. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Yeah an anonymous poll would work better with blind feedback. I would hoe people would still provide honest feedback even if it did agree with someone they did not see eye to eye on. But you are right

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

10/10 for this release.
    3/10 for your idea.
    The reason is that the active and vocal community are all hardcores in one or another direction.
    In my opinion your poll would only work if we had more joe-averages than hardcores.
    All we could see at the moment is how big the warring hardcore factions are.

Lord Ravnos and MrBlight like this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Its almost like they wanted to turn easy mode off for some build types.. hummm.

So far 1 complaint. and thats that some guildies are hving driver issues since patch n crashing.
    Rest is about time.

7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Good work, keep charging ahead!

Sound improved
    Overworld performance improved
    Scene performance feels a bit improved
    UI performance still a problem
    Crafting probably a plus
    Economy hopeful
    Combat Don't know
    Quests Don't Know

Edit: Continued movement of crafted goods into recipes for players: Great!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
  8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

By reading the threads on the release feedback forum, we should have plenty of info to determine the overall tone on each release.

Making a poll with yes or no would not satisfy players urge to praise, cry, complain, suggest the devs, plus it can potentially be rigged by people with multiple accounts, so it won't be so useful.

Lord Ravnos and Knightguy like this.
  9. Knightguy

Knightguy Avatar

Like I said, metrics can be tricky with lotsa different bias.

10. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Yeah all valid points. It would be difficult and the players that tend to post here are the ones that have strong opinions one way or another on how this game should be developed. But, there are others here that read, like, but avoid posting on forums. A simple poll would have the goal of removing the clutter from the board and giving an anonymous look at what they are doing well and what they are doing not so well in specific areas of the game. Because right now my overall feeling from reading these feedback posts for release 36 is negative. I would like a quick view of what parts are causing all the negativity, myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.