Re-gearing should be easily -- (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Ara, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ara

Ara Avatar

When i played UO before Age os Shadows destroyed the game feb 2003 i easily regeared my lost stuff as weapons, armor potions and anything else i needed.
    This opened up for a demand of crafters and put crafters on a pedestal of glory where they should be. They were wanted and searched for. =)
    Please make SotA a game where crafters have their natural space, needed for their skills and sought after.
    While your at it please add some bulkdeed system where crafters get some challenges.=)

2. Vaere

Vaere Avatar

One thing that makes crafters more needed is also gear decay / damage. If it takes damage then crafters are needed to repair. Also makes people value gear more so they dont always wear the good stuff for the most basic things. Makes you think about what gear to where and why.

3. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

I believe some of that was touched by the devs in prior chats. I can't speak to how easy re-gearing is going to be, however strong hints have been given that there will be wear and tear, and that crafters will be in demands for gear maintenance and improvement.

Further, from the crafting system, crafters will be able to diversify and specialize in specific portions (infamous) of their crafts, making them sought out.

4. jondavis

jondavis Avatar

Crafters were my best friends.
    I was good at getting stone or wood to get things made.
    But when dieing and getting looted becomes a daily thing it's nice to know some good crafters.

5. LordSlack

LordSlack Avatar

Totally agree. If there is full loot/loot dropping in the game I'd like to see some modern conveniences built in to take the frustration away from having to run back to town for another set every 10 minutes if you are actively PvPing.

I suggested in another thread that you could optionally stockpile some of your replacement armory into a bank-like "battle chest" which would be around the location you res which would let you access a fresh set of gear for an access fee. Having gear readily available to be purchased is one thing, and I hope it will be, but taking some steps to alleviate the tedium of town / bank runs for people who die a lot would go a long way with me. I am comfortable with the risk of death and loss, but I am lazy and don't want half of my playtime being town travel for gear.

6. Bzus

Bzus Design Lord SOTA Developer

@Ara: Crafters will be the major source of gear and consumables in the game. I expect gearing back up to basic level should be easy to do.

@LordSlack: Great point about needing some type of game feature to help streamline the re-gearing process.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.