Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Reagents Needed for Ice Arrow

Discussion in 'Release 10 Feedback' started by jiirc, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Last release I asked this question and was hoping for a change, 'Why does ice arrow need reagents to cast'? This is not meant to question why are reagents needed. But given the system currently in place, why does ice arrow have a reagent cost given that other arrows in other trees don't. It can't be because of cc effect, because other arrow spells have cc effects.

While internal consistency itself should be enough of a reason to remove the reagent cost, I do have another reason. If you are putting together a lower level spell deck you need 20 spells. Of the lower level spells available for a mage, only the arrow spells are a true casting spell. The other points go into what are essentially combat spell effects as they require a weapon attack for the desired effect to be useful. If you are a mage using cloth, you aren't going to last long against melee fighters if you stand there and slug it out with weapons. So you need to fill a deck wit 20 spells so that slugs don't come up.

What are those twenty spells? Since I'm trying not to use reagents, my goal in using a lower level deck is to grind cash so I don't want to use reagents. Right now those spells are 5 fire arrow, 5 obsidian arrow, and 5 other arrows that I can't remember. But there isn't another arrow available to add, so I add ice arrow. It would be nice not to have to use reagents in this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.