Really? 0 to 551 again?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by derfus, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derfus

derfus Avatar

So, focus regen dead. No fix. I decided against my better judgement to make an attempt to figure out tactics to compensate.

Log in. Level 0 patch to 551. 4 hour download on utorrent. Patch withdrawn, but I can't login because I must do another level 0 patch to build 550 that I already have installed. An hour left on that download and now I see that I have to apply yet another level 0 patch to 551.

Patching has to be fixed.

Focus regen is completely broken.

Can someone answer these problems? I'm completely disgusted

Canterbury likes this.
  2. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Mistakes were made..

3. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Someone told me you should try eating some food :p

4. derfus

derfus Avatar

I eat food, hell, I made 160 Wolf Surprises yesterday. Food regen in combat is .8 focus per second. You have to unequip weapons to get the benefit. The delay in unequipping followed by waiting for my locked toolbar slots make the mechanics of doing that constantly rather painful in a 4 skull and fatal in a 5 skull. Grouped it will be impossible.

5. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

As a Mage, I am having to make quite a few adjustments to compensate for the new focus regen rate. I can exhaust about 540 focus in under a minute, then have to run away, exit war mode and wait till I have enough mana/focus to continue. This is while using Food that gives me 2.5 Focus/sec. It is rather tough, but I suppose I could free up a spell slot to use for Focus potions, but if I'm not allowed to drink potions while in combat mode then this will make it all the more difficult to fight. I know there needs to be a balance, and we can't just be able to run about machine gunning spells indefinitely, but right now I can take down maybe 3-4 creatures before I'm out of focus. We should be able to maintain enough focus to fight a little longer than we currently can. I'll admit that prior to the 50% reduction of focus regen I was able to basically cast indefinitely, but now it seems I can't cast but 30secs or so before I'm out of mana.

Kara Brae likes this.
  6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Hmmmm, currently patching from 550 to 551. Haven't had a problem with the last couple of patches all patched right in order.

7. Selene

Selene Avatar

If you try to patch the game while it's open, sometimes it will cause the 0->new patch. Otherwise, I also patched 250 to 251 with no problem.

8. derfus

derfus Avatar

It was just a timing thing on the patches. They did a 0 level to 551, then pulled it and replaced with a 0 to 550, followed by a 550 to 551. I just got caught in the middle and my overall attitude is bad because of the focus issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.