Recap Developer Chat 4/25/13 (FOCUS: HOUSING, GUILDS, SANDBOX) -- (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dame Lori, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Text summary of today's developer chat with B and Chris.

As usual, this is not an exact transcript so a few small things here and there may not be listed here, and I am human and may have misunderstood something. All the major points should be here though. :) A lot of these points, especially guild issues, are up for discussion and they want to hear from the players, so post your ideas in the forum.

I post these on my site as well (forsakenvirtues.com) so you can check there for this and previous recaps. (I started doing recaps a couple videos ago) Thanks!

Video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEUMEHQKPM8&feature=youtu.be

HOUSING

- Two levels of house sharing (done through deed) - people that can be house guests, or family/kindred level.

House guests - can use crafting station
    Kindred - access storage in house

In essence this will allow you to 'rent' your house to people. You would 'evict' them by removing their name from the deed.

- How many kindred allowed will depend on the house quality/ lot type - for example, 3 for standard village, 6 for knights, 8 for town, 20 for lord of the manor, etc.

- They touched on leaning more towards allowing people to own multiple houses.

- Vendors are separate from this house guest/kindred issue and there will be discussions later on the possibility of sharing vendors.

- Current plan for dropping items in houses - if you drop random items, unless it is a decoration item, it will decay over time (vanish). There will be display objects like pedestals so you can put swords etc on them so they will NOT decay. You should still be able to put funirture etc. where you wish but you can't dump a pile of junk on the floor.

- There will be storage containers for your house - how many you are allowed will depend on the quality/tier of the house. Quality of the crafted container will determine how much it can hold.

- Currently no basements in houses.

- They are thinking around 1 month of no upkeep for normal house decay. KS houses may decay if there is no activity after around 3 months so they can keep areas clear of abandoned houses. Deed/possessions will be put into some storage location (no free for all loot)

- They are experimenting with different house lot sizes for the different deeds, not all the same lot sizes like originally stated (castles for the higher tiers will likely be so much larger and can not fit on original plan for plot size)

- Mentioned an advantage of houseboat = fishing off boat/dock. They also plan on eventually being able to allow moving houseboats (maybe ep. 2)

- Your house deed etc. is tied to your account so if you delete your character you will not lose your deed (I'm assuming this applies to KS rewards?)

- For people that don't have a house, there will be some bazaars where you can sell (bazaar takes a % of profit) so a crafter with no house can use public crafting stations and sell through public bazaars

- Can you prevent certain players from buying from your vendor? (like guild enemies) - they did not discuss this yet but will look into it.

GUILDS

- Get 5 people together and buy "Guild Charter"

- One person is Guild Leader (Rank 100) and they can set titles and ranks as they wish (ranks 1-99 - you can use all or just a few)

- Ranks will come with certain privileges , like over rank 50 you will have access to certain guild features, or if you are over 20 ranks higher than someone you can boot them, etc.

- They are leaving many of the rules up to the players and there will be a lot of flexibility in how you can structure your guild ranks.

- Can you be in more than 1 guild? They are still deciding on this.

- (Not guild-related but social issue) Adding friends/acquaintances may be like Google+: You can add someone, they don't have to add you back (but it will give you full benefits if they do, like being alerted when they log on) - this will influence who you see on the map and in instances

GUILD HOUSING

- Planning around 4 guild houses per village/town/city. There will be a way to claim/earn one for your guild - possibly through donations to city. eg. You will need to decide where you want a house and then the guild will need to donate towards a goal to earn the house (and compete with others that are trying to reach the goal)

- Guild benefits/buffs - they are still discussing this, they were focusing on housing at the moment

- There will be some shared storage, and some access to such may depend on member rank

- They are discussing guild houses being attackable, house defenses, etc.

SANDBOX ELEMENTS

- A lot of talk about log books that can record who visits your house, who creates what on your crafting station, who takes things from chests or who puts items into chests, the ability for players to leave notes in log books, etc

- Ability to set one way chest so people can put in but not take out. Or a "take one random item out" feature, like picking names from a hat. Talked about some geocache abilities, etc.

- Password protected chests/doors (also good for setting up riddle puzzles/scavenger hunts)

- Ability to set up camp/campfires so people can enter in your camp scene. (This can be used in several ways - Could be a bard looking to meet people, could be a party forming, could be a pvp ambush..)

OTHER NOTES

- They are trying to make sure PVP area rewards= trophy type stuff. (No crazy awesome weapons through PVP only)

- If you drop items on the ground, someone can pick it up

- Initial alpha will be focused on specific features and will be single player. Multiplayer will be available in alpha/beta as soon as its ready for testing.

- Hows the story coming? Maybe a story update on Tuesday when RG and Tracy are available.

- If they add rewards to pledges, existing pledges get the same rewards at that tier (or lower tiers). You won't need to give more money to receive benefits that were given out at or below your level.

- Property selection priority will be given to the people that backed during the initial 30 day campaign. Not clear yet though how it will work if an original Kickstarter backer upgrades from the $25 tier to the $500 tier later this year, for example.

- They worked on Dom John's overland map idea (cloth map style fog of war). They are reluctant to show video because the art is not representative of what it will actually look like, and we know how well that went over before.. :)

- They are changing offices so they may be slow to respond over the weekend.

- There will not be a global auction house. They are supporting regional marketplaces in the game.

- Skill cap? There will be a cap on some skills but not sure how it will work yet.

- Functions of house servants? Not discussed much yet. Besides being a nice slave-pet to come home to (lol), they think they can be a live 'log book' to tell you what you missed. They will add more on this later.

2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Good Job Dame Lori, I missed it due to work and love to be able to read this here!

3. G Din

G Din Avatar

Nice recap. I watched for about 45 minutes and everything you posted is spot on. Read the last bit that I missed. Thanks for your efforts.

4. Grimkor

Grimkor Avatar

Thank you kindly Dame Lori

5. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Thanks for the recap!

DavenRock likes this.
  6. TEK

TEK Legend of the Hearth

"- There will not be a global auction house. They are supporting regional marketplaces in the game."

So is there regional auction houses?

7. Kazin

Kazin Avatar

RE: the Google+ social aspect, it would be interesting if players could create "groups"(with a more creative title, obviously) that you could add yourself to so that essentially player created shards/worlds could emerge. Perhaps this is defeating the purpose, though, and may run contrary to the storyline mechanic.

8. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

"Currently no basements in houses." -Ohhhh! U.U In the future, I hope.

Thanks Lori!

DavenRock likes this.
  9. Acrylic 300

Acrylic 300 Avatar

10. Markus

Markus Avatar

I love the Recap! Lori - GREAT job! Thank you!

11. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

Thank you Lori, so organized!

DavenRock likes this.
  12. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

You're welcome all!

@TEK - See 57:26 in the video. After saying no global auction house B said "maybe we'll have some index system inside the city so you don't need to check each individual person." [in that city]

DavenRock likes this.
  13. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

A lot of good news,

Good job and tanks !

14. Cymek

Cymek Avatar

Thanks for doing this!

15. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Thanks a lot Lori.

DavenRock likes this.
  16. Sanctius

Sanctius Avatar

Thanks for the recap again. I'm very happy to hear about the direction housing system is going. Have to watch the video later on.

And i might be alone with this opinion but no index search for items on sale! I love the feeling of discovery when you find the item you are looking for.

17. Valandur

Valandur Avatar

"GUILD HOUSING

- Planning around 4 guild houses per village/town/city. There will be a way to claim/earn one for your guild ? possibly through donations to city. eg. You will need to decide where you want a house and then the guild will need to donate towards a goal to earn the house (and compete with others that are trying to reach the goal)"

Maybe a thread can be organized where towns which have guilds already pledged to settle there are listed with a brief bio so people can settle in towns that have guilds with similar ideals? Does that make sense?

" - There will not be a global auction house. They are supporting regional marketplaces in the game."

Thank you! Thank you! That rocks!

18. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

<i>"And i might be alone with this opinion but no index search for items on sale! I love the feeling of discovery when you find the item you are looking for."</i>

I agree with ya. :)

DavenRock likes this.
  19. Zigmalion

Zigmalion Avatar

"And i might be alone with this opinion but no index search for items on sale! I love the feeling of discovery when you find the item you are looking for."

_____

Not alone. I love it when I find some cool, unusual item that's underpriced -- and I was the first to catch it. :)

DavenRock likes this.
  20. Alayth

Alayth Avatar

" Initial alpha will be focused on specific features and will be single player."

Understandable, but disappointing. I was hoping to be able to mess around with my friends in the initial alpha. Hopefully getting the multiplayer aspect running doesn't take too long!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.