1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Recipe Filters

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Seggallion, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Seggallion

Seggallion Avatar

It gets tiresome having to scroll through long list of recipes to find the one I want. I would like to filter recipes by those I have all components for. I.E. the ones I can actually make right now.

Micmatty, Stealch, FBohler and 3 others like this.
  2. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

It would also be nice if SOTA allowed you to search for a craft-able item or for an ingredient.
    As an example, if I searched for"chaos pollen", it would show me all the recipes in which chaos pollen is used.

Anpu, FBohler and Turk Key like this.
  3. Seggallion

Seggallion Avatar

When I was new and just looking to raise my crafting skills, I didn't really care what I made. I wasn't looking to make anything in particular. I would just scroll until I found something I could at least make double digits of.

FBohler likes this.
  4. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Filtering the recipes you can actually craft would be good for everyone.
    If you don't care what's being crafted, you use it. If you know what you're crafting, you use it too!
    I can't figure a situation in which the player wants to use the crafting station to see recipes he's not crafting. There's the Recipe Book for that.

merlinfire and Barugon like this.
  5. merlinfire

merlinfire Avatar

Feature: allow filter for showing only recipes possible with held materials

As a player, I would like to be able to:

• When crafting, but especially when butchering, smelting, tanning, textiles, and milling, be able to filter to only show recipes which are possible with currently held materials. This is because as the number of known recipes increases (and the number can be quite high) it becomes more difficult to sort, and while I can type in the name in the search, that only lets me do it one at a time rather than having a list of "ready" recipes to choose from.
    • This would help me spend less time in menus and more time playing.
    edit: sorry didn't realize this was a duplicate. still, sounds like i'm not alone here....

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
  6. merlinfire

merlinfire Avatar

without knowing the code, i would assume this could be accomplished with a linq style query when deciding what to load in the initial recipe screen. presumably it is testing for whether the player knows it already. to that gets added a linq predicate that queries the player inventory. a little bit of loading overhead, maybe a brief greying out of the display the way zone vendor listings works, though it seems unlikely to be particularly heavy on the lifting as long as it is not being done in a looping fashion, that would be problematic