Recipe for a true Next-Gen-MMORPG

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by XiDragon, Mar 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XiDragon

XiDragon Avatar

First take everything from the original UO (up to T2A). Next make the PVP better balanced but leave it at full PVP everywhere.

And now let's add the next gen part: Create a world where stories only exist ones! If I as the player kill the dragon Smaug and earn the title of Smaugslayer, I want to be the only one who has that title and Smaug should be dead forever!

Is this possible? I'd say yes. There could be a world full of adventures, some bigger, that might need a party or a guild or even a whole town working together, and lot's of smaller ones that one can live through alone or in small teams. What it needs is only a good adventure generator for the small quests and a dedicated team of adventure developers that will constantly fill the world with new stories.

Sure, this can not be for free but hey, for this real new level of adventure, I would be willing to pay a lot!

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

Full PvP everywhere is a non starter. As much as I would prefer it, there are many who want nothing to do with it. I think SotA has done a very good job of accommodating single players, RP players, PvE players, and PvP players. Everyone gets what they want, and no one steps on any one elses play style without their consent.

3. Duke Crachazz

Duke Crachazz Avatar

Of course it's possible, if you give your consent... Then pvp can be free-for-all, everywhere, but only among those who opted in. Which I think most UO vets would :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.