Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Recipe for "Jar of Yeast Culture" is whack!

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by macnlos, Feb 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I'm looking at my recipes and here are the ingredients for a "Jar of Yeast Culture":

1 Empty Glass Jar
    1 Jar of Yeast Culture
    3 Sack of Flour
    1 Cooking Pot

How can a recipe for an item include an ingredient for that item? That's gotta be a bug.

FrostII likes this.
  2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@macnlos - Thank you for reporting. This is not a bug and is working as intended. Crafting the recipe yields you 2 jars of yeast culture, so you profit 1 jar for the cost of 3 sacks of flour and an empty jar.

3. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

You do understand that this leads to a different problem? If I cannot determine this then there is a bug or something is missing. Recipes do not describe the results. For example when I follow recipe to make Muffins it tells me that it will yield 12 muffins. The recipes in SotA do not indicate anything of the results. For example, Wolf & Lamb Chop recipe doesn't tell you that it will yield 2 of the dishes.

4. Dirk Hammerstrike

Dirk Hammerstrike Avatar

Oh this was one of the cool recipes I thought. They have it perfectly. But then I had my own sourdough starter going for a few years when I baked my own bread.

The simple solution is of course to acquire the "starter" from someone else (player or npc), and then make sure you always keep at least one.

You do have a point about the output. It would be nice to have a Makes: X as part of the recipe.

5. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Totally agree that the recipe is useful and will do as you said. The problem is not knowing what the recipe does as far as output, it leads to confusion.

FrostII likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.