Recruiting new players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stoofa, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stoofa

Stoofa Avatar

Thank you very much for the clarification on all this - really appreciated.

2. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

This really bothers me as a benefactor.

That means that a new player who is gifted an account from a founder gets founder rewards?

Akeashar and Kuno Brauer like this.
  3. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

So has ANYONE actually purchased a second pledge after Kickstarter and ACTUALLY seen that account was labeled Founder? Or has anyone even gifted a pledge after Kickstarter that was labeled as a Founder pledge?

We all know weather or not the referrals work, what I want to know has something changed and now Founders can just go around selling Founder pledges?

I mean no offence to @FireLotus and @Rustic Dragon but i have not see anything officially stating this to be fact.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  4. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I have a ticket in for this. This is definately not fair to benefactors.

Akeashar, Kuno Brauer and Gracekain like this.
  5. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

The problem with this whole thing is, if you look at your pledges in your account page, the only annotation that gives you some idea weather your pledge is a Founder or Benefactor is the date associated with the pledge. Anything after May 20th is a Benefactor pledge. It has been stated over and over.

It is not uncommon for things in the cash shop and donation / pledge section to get all screwed up and lead people to think they are getting something when they are not. I just have a feeling, unless other wise stated by staff members, these people who think they are getting Founder pledges and actually don't, on release will be highly upset. I see this turning into a big mess.

6. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I went back and read the FAQ, it seems some things have changed. Even tho it is still not clear:

What is the difference between a “Founder”, a “Benefactor”, and the Founder Pledge Tier?
    Originally discussed in Kickstarter Update #29, “Early Founder Rewards” were made available to all backers that pledged by the end of the Grace Period, 12:00 pm CST, May 20, 2013. These early backers are referred to as “Founders” when discussing Early Founder pledge rewards, and backers after 12 pm CST, May 20, 2013 are referred to as “Benefactors” when discussing their pledge rewards. There is also a pledge tier called “Founder”.

I do not ever remember the red highlighted text. In fact, everything is worded differently. So everyone who backs before May 20th is an EARLY Founder who receives Early Founder rewards. Everyone else from May 21st - till is considered a benefactor.

So, what is a Founder when not referring to early founder rewards?
    Is Founders the label of the gifted pledges from an Early Founder?
    Do Founders get the Early Founder rewards Also?
    I'm so confused.....

7. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I kind of remember this wording and I remember getting clarification a long time ago when I first signed up...Because I wanted to find out if I was a founder if I pledged to the founder tier. At that time (Novemberish) I was told founders are members who backed the game before May only and anyone after that is a benefactor. This has been stated over and over. Now they are saying that if a founder gifts to someone new the new person is a founder as well. This will not sit well with many people.

Akeashar, Kuno Brauer and Gracekain like this.
  8. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

You damn right it won't, seeing how I am paying more for less. I missed the cut off by less that 3 hours simply because that was when I found out about SotA.

Kuno Brauer and Lord Baldrith like this.
  9. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

"Siriustar said:
    Hi, could Koldar or anyone else please clarify from the list what does and does not constitute a "BACKER" as recently described by RG and others in terms of not paying tax on property? Can anyone who has already contributed at least $10 be considered a "BACKER"?
    RG post and this
    Yes. You are a backer if you have supported the game at any level, period. If you support the game at the Citizen level or higher, at any time, you will get the tax-free deed. If you originally backed the game prior to May 20th 2013, you are considered at Founder and can upgrade at Founder prices. If you originally backed the game after May 20th 2013, you are considered a Benefactor and can upgrade at the Benefactor level.
    Does this answer your question?
    Koldar "

This is from the early pledge reward spreadsheet. I was really confused when I first started came to this game and was hoping there was a way to still get founder rewards since I'd missed the boat. It would seem either no one knew the rules (including the moderators) or they changed the rules.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  10. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I'm sorry to hear that Grace...I just assumed you were founder :(

Gracekain likes this.
  11. bursar

bursar Avatar

Oops, looks like I stirred up a hornets nest. I'm the 'friend' mentioned in the OP and asked if what was posted in the HardOCP thread was accurate.
    I have now been gifted the Royal Artisan package for the founders price that includes the founders rewards. The giver has received his recruitment bonus, and I can now recruit new people as founders as well.
    I can understand that those of you who came in as benefactors may be a bit miffed that you paid a bit more for a bit less, but maybe the devs have something in mind for you and things will even out.

Kuno Brauer and Lord Baldrith like this.
  12. Carlin the Druid Archer

Carlin the Druid Archer Avatar

Is this true? If so I guess I should be upset too.... part of me is skeptical this is a scam though and that guy is just bumping up his referral bonus by telling people they will be Founders. Anyway to check this out? Devs?

Jambo, Time Lord and Lord Baldrith like this.
  13. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

This does seem unfair.

14. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

Calm down guys. The poster who said he's the friend, has no driving clue what items he is getting or weather or not he's a founder. There is no indication anywhere on any account showing your rewards or if you are a founder or a benefactor.

Lord Baldrith and Kuno Brauer like this.
  15. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

And remember there is a deference between an " early backer" and a founder when talking about rewards.

Lord Baldrith and Kuno Brauer like this.
  16. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

This has been fixed recently, after I contacted support about this.
    There were two issues with the store:
    1. Founders did not get founder prices for additional pledges, only for pledge upgrades.
    2. Founders did not get founder rewards for additionally self purchased pledges, although the statement "(* Exclusive Early Founder Rewards are only available to Backers who pledged any amount by May 20, 2013)" can be interpreted in the way, that the backer gets founder rewards also for additional pledges.
    These issues have been corrected during this week - so lets the pledges flood in!
    *Salute*
    Olahorand

17. Stoofa

Stoofa Avatar

Hi again,

So just as a follow-up from earlier. I was able to Gift Purchase a "Royal Artisan (F)" to my friend. I was named as the referring player, so had the recruitment bonus added to my account.
    On the gift purchase page it indicated that the purchase would include:
    Includes all Rewards from Founder level
    Rewards: Episodes 1,2 & 3, stater level indestructable tool.....Artisan title....
    Exclusive founder rewards: Two starter ranged weapons....unique crossbow....Unique ability to tameelusive monster....title "Royal Artisan"

My friend does NOT have access to the founders forums - he can see the threads but not read them.
    Surprisingly under his "Gift Purchase" options he also appears able to gift levels with the (F) designation - so he himself could further gift these to others?

Just posting this so you know what he appears to have. Sure he'll confirm himself.

18. bursar

bursar Avatar

All I know is that my account shows the following:[​IMG]
    To me, it reads like I get the Royal Artisan package, plus the Founders stuff.

It seems like there is a difference between a KS Founders pledge and recruited Founders pledge, as I am unable to access the Founders forums and I can't link my account here with a KS account (despite having one and backed other projects).

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  19. Bohica

Bohica Avatar

I am not disputing this. What you say does look correct. But there a a difference between an "early founder" and a founder. And no where on any account does it show your reward you will receive when the game launches.

20. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Could simple be, that the forum servers need some time to synchronize access to the forums. This may happen one time a day or even a week or manually to keep the load down.

*Salute*
    Olahorand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.