Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Recurring problem with Quests and the 'Give item to NPC' window

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Fister Magee, Jan 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I've had this problem, off and on through a few releases now, I wished I had reported about this in the past, but it's never too late I guess! I was kind of hoping others would run into this issue as well and report it before me, but it's been much too long and now I need to make my report.

I've had this problem with the Edvard's Notes quest, and the Courier quest given shortly after it. I've seen this on a few avatars, from different releases, but sometimes everything works fine.. tho every time I do the quests, I am wary.

I believe it's happened a few times where the NPC walks away (The Ardoris Guard Captain guy did this to me most recently) while the 'Give item to NPC' is open and the item is in the window, and I usually lose my item. Other times, it's just turned red for no reason.. and unable to 'give' it to the NPC, deleted item!

I've had the item required in the quest either disappear (after turning it's name red in the 'Give item to NPC' window) and be unable to complete a quest.. and no way to get a new item from the original NPC..

OR i've had an item duplicate itself and the item is usually counted used in the quest, and the quest is marked complete, but I'll still have the item, and this item is not able to be destroyed! Only way to get rid of this item is to put it on the Public vendor lol!

It seems clear to me there is a weird bug in this NPC interface.

I will try to reproduce the problem again this evening (which requires me to delete my avatar and go through the beginner quests again :( ), and report here.. but if anyone else has experienced anything like this, it would be helpful! :)

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Out of curiosity, would logging out/in bring back or restore the items for you?

3. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It has not, nothing would bring them back and I'd simply abandon the quest.. kind of frustrated me, because as those easy beginner quests can be done pretty fast, I'd be on my 'quest run' and it would happen, I'd scowl and do the next few quests lol its only a few thousand xp anyway.. but this should be identified as best as possible... can't have this happening during a main questline. I'll try tonight when I have time, recreate a character and see if I can find a way to trigger the issue I've seen.. I should be able to reproduce it.. I just haven't tried yet. :) I was hoping the problem would clear up on its own.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Having a solid reproduction case with NPC name and steps would help us immensely. Thank you for the report.

5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yep, I'll do my best this evening, I was just hoping someone else had experienced anything similar while I was at work dreaming of the game lol :)

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Ok, I didn't try more than two character deletes (I know, lazy ;) )... and ran through the quests, found others that use the same interface window as well to play with. So far I have been unable to reproduce this issue, with everything I can remember doing that might have triggered the issues.. I think, I'll again ignore this problem till it happens again (if it happens again)..

7. GingerLoaf

GingerLoaf Developer Emeritus

I have added some preventative measures in to make sure you don't lose important data when the UI is closed. This should prevent dupes or losses from happening as the UI will stay open until the reward(s) have been granted. Thank you for letting us know about it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.