1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Referred to AskaDev] Poison Jewel not increasing debuff from festering poison

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Sara Dreygon, Mar 21, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

03/21/2022 16:32
    Title: Poison Jewel not increasing debuff from festering poison
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Poison Jewel not increasing debuff from festering poison
    Steps to Reproduce: Put on poison jewel equipment, use festering poison, hit something. Debuff stays at 15%.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz (16) System RAM: 32694
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 GPU RAM: 10077
    SotA.Win.64.1516.Date.03.17.22
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonCity_Arena
    Area Display Name: City Stone Arena Basement
    Loc: (32.4, 5.0, 14.7)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25DaXR5X0FyZW5hfHwoMzIuMzYxLCA1LjAyOSwgMTQuNjY3KXwoMCwgLTAuMDA0LCAwLCAxKXwtMC40MjQ3MzAyfDE1LjU3OTQ3fDExLjYyNzU1

2. Coswald_Dirthmire

Coswald_Dirthmire Bug Hunter

Festering Death is interesting. No Poison Effectiveness Bonus modifiers affect its Debuff potency period, including that from weapons. My assumption has always been it was As Designed because of how powerful Festering Death poison would be if this weren't the case; a dual dagger build would be able to hit -90% healing debuff just off the blades themselves and a 3 stack of Festering. Of course, this cuts both ways and Festering Death poison is just as powerful on a -25% Poison Effectiveness hammer or a pair of wands as anything else.

If it turns out this actually is a bug it would be a pretty big shift in the power/dynamics of various builds.

Chaotic Corruption has never scaled either as I recall, not even the "base" poison damage (which is actually Poison/Chaos damage for this potion). This I think is unique, as the base damage for even Festering Death scales, just not the healing modifier.

The -10 Moon Attunement and -10 Combat Dodge Modifier stats on Poison Potion, Shadow don't scale with Poison Effectiveness Bonus either. The actual poison damage does.

Happy to split this stuff off into separate bug reports or whatever as needed, just wanted to add a little info in case it was helpful.

(Edit for better info)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    Violet Ronso and Echondas like this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I was able to find the materials and recipe to craft a ring with an imbued Jewel of Poison.

I used the /stats command and compared with and without the ring equipped:

Without: PoisonEffectivenessBonus: 0
    With: PoisonEffectivenessBonus: 0.15

.. so it seems like the Jewel is doing something.

I tested with dual daggers and the ring, and my stat was:
    PoisonEffectivenessBonus: 1.15

I guess the question here would be .. what exactly does or should poison effectiveness be doing? I didn't see it doing anything obvious with regular poison or festering.

I would suggest using the "askadev" option in Universal chat, to get some insight from Chris.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2022
    Coswald_Dirthmire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.