Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Regarding Fiona. A 'happy' whistle

Discussion in 'Release 30 Feedback Forum' started by Corazon, May 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corazon

Corazon Avatar

To keep this thread child friendly, and to keep myself getting too worked up, I am replacing a four letter curse word, with the word 'happy'.

I was excited to read in the latest update that a companion had made her way into the land of Novia. Noting that she is a work in progress as far as dialogue goes. So I immediately venture to Ardoris in search of Fiona. After 'happily' waiting what seems an age to instance into Ardoris (I do need to upgrade my 'happy' laptop it seems), I find Fiona at the tavern.
    Next minute I realise she has given me a 'happy' little whistle..... to summon her..... with a whistle....... like a dog........ a whistle....... wt'h'!!!
    A little perturbed, I set out to see what she is like as a companion.
    Lets go explore the East Perennial Trail...... hang about..... 'happy' little Fiona isn't following me! Let's try this 'happy' little whistle. 'Happy' me!! I must 'happily' summon her like a 'happy' pet! Righto......
    Now a bit more 'happily' perplexed, I run over the bridge to exit Ardoris. At the end of the bridge, I stop and think to check on Fiona, and to see if she is properly equipped for the journey. Where is the 'happy' girl? Hasn't even made it past the 'happy' Oracle tower! She is soooooo 'happily' slow. What a 'happy' inconvenience. Hostiles can easily keep the pace with me, so why are companions so damn slow?!? (try also the wounded soldier quest, what a 'happy' headache that is)
    Ok, let us see what Fiona has got..... how do I..... where do I...... 'happy'........ I cannot manage her 'happy' equipment.
    'happily flummoxed, I instance over to East Perennial Trail.
    Knowing Fiona isn't fond of fighting, but wanting to give her a go, I aggravate a skeleton. What the 'happy' are you doing lady! Don't pull out your 'happy' lute, help me 'happily' fight! 'HAPPIES' SAKE. She 'happily' stands there watching me die.

'happy' this. 'happily' logging off.

You may realise, testing the companion upset me a little. I only lasted 15 minutes.
    Please, please let there be more than just the dialogue that is a work in progress.
    I may have missed a(all the) hangout(s). But are companions just going to be a pet..... that talks?
    Must I summon, and command to fight?

My idea of a companion in an 'Ultima spiritual successor':
    -Keep up!! Seriously, please increase their running speed
    -Let me give them a weapon.... and some armour..... and to put an apple in their backpack
    -Combat AI, if I am fighting, fight too damn it

I will log on again, and give it another go, I think. I'm just going to put the kettle on and have a nice calming cup of 'happy' tea first

2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]
    Great Read @Corazon !:p!'
    ~Time Lord~:D

Corazon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.