Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Regents

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by Duke Death-Knell, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

NO, not another one

OK, so I have regents in my possession. How do I set it that I only use regents when I want to use them?

There are a few spells that have in common regents that I don't want to burn through so I can cast the more powerful spell.

Lord Baldrith and Isaiah [MGT] like this.
  2. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I don't believe there is anyway of doing that. Should there be a way of doing that? In my opinion, probably not. Two reasons for that. 1) I think the tiers 3 and higher spells should require reagents. they are more powerful spells (other than ice arrow which I provided feedback on in another thread). There are a fair number of spells that can be used in the different schools that provide a good deck if you don't wish to use reagents. But spells like fireball, lightning, earthquake and such I feel are higher schools of magic and should always require reagents. 2) I am an advocate of having similar mechanics in all three combat types: fighter, archer, and mage. If a mage can control when to reagents on the higher spiel tiers, how would you transfer that to archers or fighters. I can't think of a reason why they could do that. So while it might make sense for a mage, unless it can translate to a reason for the others I can't go along with allowing that kind of fine control.

3. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Well seems you kind of missed what I was saying

first you don't have to use regents in the higher tier spells, but you're penalized if you don't. The spell is not as strong and costs more focus. I'm fine with that.

But spells from different tiers have some regents in common. Like in water

shield of ice, ice field and summon ice elemental all use mandrake, and serpent scales. So if I want to save those I can't as more then one spell burns them up. Or each spell could have unique regents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.