Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

REL 45 Feedback [Adventure ending bug included]

Discussion in 'Release 45 Feedback Forum' started by Baratan, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Every release I start a new game on single player offline to gather feedback for submission, here is my experience in REL 45.

- The graphics look better and the FPS are smoother. The UI feels more responsive.
    - The mouselook X, Y movement speed is different. I don't know why new games keep forcing this, I hate it. SOTA is no exception to this.
    - The character creation mirror UI starts the character mega-zoomed in and it cuts off the top of their head by default.
    - The darkest hair and eye options are not dark enough. People's Avatars should be able ot have dark eyes and hair like their person they're intended to depict.
    - When you right-click on the book that you're supposed to take, the context menu refers to this action as "Steal item"
    - Is there a reason why the oracle uses the term "Magery" instead of magic or sorcery?
    - Maybe start the player with all of his available action skills on his action bar instead of just one.

- Gawain stands up awkwardly every time he starts a new sentence. He's supposed to be sitting on the ground dying.
    - Character sheet is zoomed in so far on my character by default that it cuts off his entire head.
    - The sword you get in Highvale looks awesome, too bad it's absolute crap and worse than a rusted peice of metal you find on a corpse. Why not make this item something that can be used as an appearance item for the other swords you find?
    - I'm happy that spears can be used one-handed.
    - My shield appears suddenly when I open containers and activate objects.
    - Weapons and shields need to be shown when not wielded.
    - The skill-up sound sounds like a placeholder.
    - I do not need or want the center of screen reticule when I'm using the point and click mode. I understand you can hide it in settings, it would be preferable that it was hidden automatically when not using mouselook mode.

- Healing touch now plays a different animation that opening a door, very nice.
    - The Samael quest is still bugged. He immediately states that he must return to his duties after starting the quest and closing the dialogue. He did run off after a second attempt however, but still stating that he must return to his duties.
    -- The quest is much better than previous iterations, however...
    --- The bard interrupted my running when I was following Samael, I had to close the window for fear of losing Samael.
    --- Needdlessly is supposed to be spelled needlessly.

- After returning to the bard, having had to close his original dialogue window he only says "Hello outlander" to me, with no other dialogue options provided. Theres no other dialogue so now I suppose I am unable to leave Highvale and continue my quest. The gate remains locked and the Bard offers no dialogue other than "Hello Outlander"

To reiterate, I spoke with the healer and began his quest before seeing the bard. While following the healer the bard initiated dialogue with me that I exited out of necessity to not interrupt the healer's dash to the dying knight. After completing the healer's quest I returned to the gate to find it locked. I spoke with the bard and he greets me "Hello Outlander" with no other dialogue options or keywords available.

So, in the game's second scene I'm stopped at a gamebreaking bug and unable to continue beyond the walls of Highvale.

2. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I've since discovered that I can unlock and open the gate if I locate and click on the keyhold on the bar. There is, however no in-game notification that I should do this.

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.