(Release 111) Pvp/fishing - Verdantis Shardfall

Discussion in 'One-Time Player Events' started by Adam Crow, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Location : Verdantis Shardfall (110 Skill & Adventure level cap)

When : Release 111 (Feb 23 - Mar 30)

Rules :
    • Each player can only win 1 fishing prize, 1 pvp prize, & 1 participation prize.
    • Fish will be measured in Novia Market at the start of release 112
    • Participation awards will be drawn at a date TBD in Novia Market after all fish have been measured.
    • Only fish caught in Verdantis Shardfall during release 111 will be eligible to enter.

Fishing Prizes :

Salt water - Longest combined length of each different Salt water trophy fish
    1st - 75,000 gold
    2nd - 50,000 gold
    3rd - 25,000 gold

Fetid water - Longest combined length of each different fetid water trophy fish
    1st - 100,000 gold
    2nd - 75,000 gold
    3rd - 50,000 gold

Salt water+Fetid water - Longest combined length of each different trophy fish of both water types
    1st - 200,000 gold
    2nd - 100,000 gold
    3rd - 50,000 gold

PvP Prizes :

Most kills of Adam Crow in Verdantis Shardfall during release 111
    1st - 300,000 gold
    2nd - 200,000 gold
    3rd - 100,000 gold

Most deaths from Adam Crow in Verdantis Shardfall during release 111
    1st - 300,000 gold
    2nd - 200,000 gold
    3rd - 100,000 gold

Daily gold :
    Each day I will award the first kill and first death 2500 gold each. This will carry over to the following day if it isn't awarded.

Adam Crow will be spending a lot of time in Verdantis Shardfall during release 111. If you locate him, attack him on sight! If you'd like to read the story behind this event, check the next post.

Random participation prizes :
    Every person that enters trophy fish or records either a kill or death will be eligible for participation prizes. Five winners will be drawn at random for the following prizes.
    • 3000 cotos
    • 2000 cotos
    • 1000 cotos
    • 1000 cotos
    • 1000 cotos

I'll update this post with details of the trophies asap.

I'm hoping to hold a few hour long pvp/ fishing events in Verdantis Shardfall during release 111 as well. If anyone is interested in donating prizes for these events, let me know and I'll add them to the prize pool. Thanks to everyone who helped with input to set this up!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  2. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Adam Crow sat at the desk in silence, staring at a letter in front of him. A concerned look was sprawled across his face as he lifted a goblet of ale to his lips.

Greetings, Mr. Crow,

I have been watching you for some time now, and your fascination with the Verdantis Shardfall is quite concerning to my associates and I. We advise you to stay away from the Shardfall for the time being. You would be wise to take this warning very seriously.

- F.M.

Adam stared at the signature F.M. and had no idea who could have sent the letter. He had just recently spent three days hunting and exploring the Shardfall and was planning on returning with more supplies.

His mind circled back to a strange encounter he had on the first night of his hunting trip...

He had secured his tent and had just gotten a fire started when he heard a noise behind him. He turned around and saw something standing in the distance. It was starting to get dark, so he squinted to get a better look, but the figure seemed to vanish. He shrugged it off and assumed it was the two jugs of ale he'd drank earlier, playing tricks on his eyes...

He decided to try and get some rest, so he finished his drink and headed to his room at the Novia Market Inn.

The following day...

With his gear packed and ready to go, Adam used the scroll in his hand and immediately found himself standing on the western docks in Verdantis Shardfall. He stepped off the dock and started to make his way to his campsite.

Halfway to the campsite, he suddenly felt a strange sensation surge through his entire body. In a flash, a hooded figure stood directly in front of him. The figure held his hand out, motioning for Adam to stop. Adam was so surprised he tried to scream, but nothing came out. He was completely frozen.

The dark figure took a step forward and pulled a black cloth bag out of his pocket. He lowered his hood, revealed his face, and grinned eerily as he placed the bag over Adams head. "You're mine now," he muttered. Adam didn't recognize the man, and that was the last thought he had, as he dropped to the ground, unconscious...

(Adam Crow has been possessed by an unknown. Enter the Verdantis Shardfall at your own risk, while possessed he will attack on sight.)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

How is it possible to fish salt / fetid / freshwater fish in the same zone? I thought all water in a zone has the same quality? And only in POT´s the governour can change the water with a magical fish statue?

Adam Crow likes this.
  4. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Adventure scenes can have different types. The coast of Verdantis Shardfall is Saltwater. The crater in the center is fetid water. But there is no fresh, fresh is not part of the contest.

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

For a little bonus, I will be mailing out 2500 gold to the first person that kills me each day in the Shardfall. And also 2500 gold to the first person I kill in the Shardfall each day. If there isn't a kill or death for that day, it will carry over to the next day.

Still available for today :

Kill Adam Crow : 0 gold

Death by Adam Crow : 0 gold

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
  6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Kill/Deaths leaderboard for R111

Kills
    1 Captain Universe (7)
    2 Sebastion (6)
    3 Ithurel Seldona (5)
    4 Vesper (4)
    5 Beorn (3)
    6 Asclepius (2)
    7 Radioman/Krazuka Oakenvalley (1)

Deaths
    1 Kironygma (8)
    2 Krazuka Oakenvalley (7)
    3 Ithurel Seldona (5)
    4 Asclepius (3)
    5 Beorn (2)
    6 Margaritte/Random guy/Henry Fletcher/Vesper (1)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2023
    Noctiflora and Daigoji Gai like this.
  7. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Well this past week has been a pita. My wife and kids have been sick with covid, so I haven't been able to go to verdantis at all :(. I got lucky and haven't had any symptoms or anything, but I've been exhausted taking care of them so what little time I've had to play has gone to vendor stuff and chatting.

Glad this is a long release, cause there's still plenty of time left for this contest. I'm going to try and get some 1 hour events planned so we can get some more kill/deaths.

The daily gold hasn't been paid out for a bit, so it's up to 35,000 for the next player that kills me and 17,500 for the next player I kill.

I should be on late tonight eastern time. If you're up for some pvp, feel free to send me a friend request because I have my location displayed.

Smegatron likes this.
  8. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

With the end of release 111 that concludes this contest. If you have fish to submit, please contact me here, in game or just mail them to me. I'll be sending out the prizes in a few days. Once all the winners are determined and prizes have been sent out, I'll do the random drawings for the coto's. Thanks to all that participated!

vongrimm0, Anpu and jrs99 like this.
  9. vongrimm0

vongrimm0 Avatar

Hey, you spelled my fraggin' name wrong Mr. Crow! There's only one 'y' in 'Kironygma'. o_O

All joking aside, thanks for having the contest to begin with! It was an honor... well, getting killed by you. Hopefully I can put some kills on the scoreboard on the next go around.

I'll send my fish over posthaste. Thanks again! :thumbs up:

Adam Crow likes this.
  10. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Sorry for the delay sending out the prizes! I traveled for Easter and had a very minor surgery on Monday, so I haven't had any playtime lately.

I'm back to normal now and sent all the trophies and gold out last night. I also just sent out the 5 random coto prizes to Sebastion, Beorn, Henry Fletcher, Margaritte, and Radioman. Congrats and thanks to everyone who participated!

I'm going to try and brainstorm some better ideas for the next contest. If you have any ideas or suggestions please let me know!

Woobie likes this.
  11. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Thankyou for the generous prizes!
    Just received my 1000 COTO´s just for participation :)

Anpu and Adam Crow like this.